Virtual world e-commerce provider Live Gamer acquires Twofish; Zynga says FarmVille has become the fastest-growing social game ever with 11 million daily active users; and Her Interactive launches the next Nancy Drew Dossier game. These headlines and more below.
- Live Gamer acquires Twofish
- Candystand.com launches social network powered solely by Facebook
- Her Interactive launches Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- PopCap to launch Peggle Nights on Xbox Live Arcade
- Wii Sports Resort tops 1 million North American sales
- Console price war finally arrives as Microsoft cuts Xbox 360 price by $100
- Casual Game Forum returns to London
- AddictingGames brings top online casual games to the iPhone
- Steampunk MMO Gatheryn enters open beta
- Playfish COO Sebastien De Halleux to deliver Austin GDC keynote
- GameStreamer acquires digital distribution rights to Iceberg Interactive PC games
- Robonica introduces "the rise of robot gaming"