a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:27:”Escape from Paradise 2 Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:18247:”
Welcome to our strategy guide for Escape from Paradise 2: A Kingdom’s Quest.
- While waiting for your tribe members to build something, or do whatever task that takes a while, have Taz the monkey play a mini-game.
- You can select multiple tribe members by dragging a large rectangle around them.
BASIC TIPS – SCREEN
- In the bottom left of your screen, you see 3 sets of statistics:
- Tribe shows you (1) the amount of tribe members you currently have, and (2) the amount you need to finish all the missions in the game.
- Food shows you (1) the amount of food you currently have, and (2) the maximum amount you can currently store. You can expand this by building new food storage huts.
- Wood shows you (1) the amount of wood you currently have, and (2) the maximum amount you can currently store. You can expand this by building new wood storage areas.
- In the center bottom of the screen, around the map, you see 4 buttons:
- The player button (hand icon) quickly takes you to where your player is on the island.
- The mission button (exclamation icon) will take you to the person you need to talk to, in order to receive or start the next mission. Only your own character can talk to them, not one of your tribe members.
- The idle button (question icon) will take you to a tribe member that is currently not doing anything, and can be given a task to do.,
- The Taz button (monkey icon) will quickly take you to where Taz, your monkey, is on the island.
BASIC TIPS – LEVELING
- Each character has 3 sets of skills: lumberjack (cutting trees for wood), prodiver (gathering food) and carpenter (building). The more you let a certain character do a certain task, the better his or her skill will get. Use this to your advantage, and let characters do what they do best, to get your tasks done as quick as possible.
- By hovering your cursor over a character, you can see the skill level of each of his skills.
- By playing mini-games, and earning skill points, you can help your characters to level up faster. I would advice to first level up your own character, and the prince/princess, since you will often use them for the most diverse tasks.
- The gold Tiki has level 3 on all skills right away, so make good advantage of him from the beginning.
BASICS TIPS – CHARACTER SATISFACTION
- When you select a character, at the center bottom of the screen you will see his or her name, and some statistics. If you take good care of your characters, and make sure to keep their statistics on a good level, they will work harder and better for you. Forgot about their needs, and they will work slower.
- Thirst can be improved by letting your villagers drink water.
- Hunger can be improved by letting your villagers eat bananas or fish. A villager can fish for you once you have gotten a fishing rod; simply drag a villager to a stream of water until you see the word fish appear.
- Sleep can be improved by letting your villagers take a nap in one of the huts (one villager per hut!).
- Social can be improved by letting your villagers talk to other villagers.
- On 4 locations on the island, you can let your monkey Taz play one of the mini-games. While helpful for earning skill points, and in the match-3 game other items, in the end you will also need to finish all the rounds of mini-games at least once to finish the game. The order in which you do so, and whether you do it in one sitting or in 50, is your own choice.
TIKI MATCH THREE – CLASSIC
- Location: the part of the island where you start.
- Description: a classic match three-game, make the amount of combinations shown on the right, over the colored tiles to complete a round. This mini-game is also very useful in earning extra food or wood, as you get 5 of whichever 3-tile combination you make.
TIKI MATCH THREE – TOPPLE
- Location: the part of the island where you start.
- Description: a match three-game where you take turns, playing against the golden Tiki. Make sure you make enough combinations to topple his tower, before he does the same to you.
- Tip: Make a combination of at least 4 tiles to get an extra turn.
- Location: in the north-west corner of the island.
- Description: plant and water seeds of fruit, and pick up the profits once the plants are fully grown. Reach the goal, shown in the bottom-right of the screen, before the timer runs out. The timer will reset itself each time you pick up a profit.
- Tip: you will unlock more power-ups as your proceed further through the game.
- Location: in the center-nother part of the island, in the water east to the big statue.
- Description: fill the grid with all the numbers. You need to place one of each number in each row, column and 3×3 grid; none more, none less.
- Tip: first check each tile to see if there is only one number possible on that spot from the start. This will already help fill up your grid a bit more.
- Tip 2: if you’re not an experienced Sudoku-player, chances are you will have a really hard time with this. On the website XXXX, you can have the computer solve the puzzle for you.
- Location: just north-east of where you started on the island. Unlock this mini-game by finding all four playing cards around the island.
- Description: this is a combination of sollitaire and MahJong, where you need to clear the stacks of cards by picking a card either one higher or one lower than the previous one.
- Tip: try and play cards of which you already see a card that you can play next.
HIDDEN OBJECT GAME 1
- Found in the sunken ship, in the very south west of the island.
HIDDEN OBJECT GAME 2
- Unlocked upon completing challenge 10, this is found next to the bird sanctuary on the far west part of the island.
CHALLENGES / MISSIONS
- Challenge 1: Get 10 more pieces of wood
- Walk up to the tree a little to your west and start chopping wood.
- Item unlocked: hammer
Challenge 2: Check out the crate on the shore
- Walk east and find the crate on the beach.
Challenge 3: Build the monkey hut
- Gather wood and build the monkey hut next to your own.
- Item unlocked: shovel
Challenge 4: Build a well
- In the build menu, you will now see a well. Build one over the water puddle near your hut.
- Item unlocked: snorkel
Challenge 5: Build a rock bridge
- Pick up the pick handle next to the match 3-minigame.
- Then, pick up the pick head next to the sunken ship, on the south west shore of this part of the island.
- Combine them in the items menu to get a pick axe.
- Use it to break a part of the rock formation, south to the well you just build, and pick up the chipped piece of rock.
- Use the shovel to dig on the x next to the rock, to find TNT barrels.
- Use these barrels to blow up the rock formation just west of the match 3-minigame, and pick up that chipped piece as well.
- Now place both rock pieces in the stream of river, to create a bridge.
MATCH THREE MINI-GAME UNLOCKED
Challenge 6: Expand your village to 5 huts
- Finish the two huts that are already partially finished, and then build 3 new ones.
- After finishing a hut, you will get one extra villager.
- Item unlocked: monkey net
Challenge 7: Finish the plant store
- Walk north-east to find a half finished building. Talk to Lou Lou, and finish building the plant store.
Unlocking Tripeaks Paradise
- Find all 4 playing cards, and give them to the Tiki standing by the shore just south of your village.
- The locations of the cards are:
- Ace of Hearts hidden behind a palm tree, north west of your village.
- Ace of Diamonds just around the corner of the plant store, north east of your village.
- Ace of Spades hidden behind a palm tree, just south of the plant store, north east of your village.
- Ace of Clubs just south of the altar, directly west of your village.
- Item unlocked: 5 free plants
Challenge 8: Finish the aquarium
- From the plant store, walk north to find another unfinished building: the aquarium. Finish building it.
- Item unlocked: fishing pole
Challenge 9: Expand your island to 8 huts
- Item unlocked: food storage
Challenge 10: Build a food storage hut
- Item unlocked: hidden object game 1, round 2
Challenge 11: Expand your village to 12 huts
- Item unlocked: wood storage
Challenge 12: Build a wood storage hut
- Item unlocked: new Tiki
Challenge 13: Finish the museum
- From the plant store, walk a little north west to find the unfinished museum. Finish building it.
- Item unlocked: garden minigame, round 2
Challenge 14: Expand your village to 16 huts
- Item unlocked: wood storage
Challenge 15: Find all skulls
- You will need to find 10 skulls hidden across the island. Some will be awarded for certain tasks, while others can be found by Taz the monkey.
- Skull 1 is awarded after building your 15th hut.
- Skull 2 is awarded after Taz finds the scythe. Place the Scythe on the patch of grass around the lone tree, just north of where you found the handle.
- The Scythe top is hidden behind a tree south to the garden in the north west part of the island.
- The Scythe handle is hidden behind a tree just north east of the original part of your settlement.
- Skull 3 is awarded after Taz cooks soup on the fire in front of the giant foot statue.
- The Cauldron is found directly north of the altar in the west.
- The mushroom is found next to the waterfall in the north west.
- Combine them for soup.
- Skull 4 is awarded after Taz finds the three ink bottles. It will appear just west of the Tripeaks Paradise Tiki.
- The red ink bottle is found hidden behind a tree just north of a small body of water, in the center west part of the island.
- The green ink bottle is found in the middle left part of the waterfall, behind the two feet on the north side of the island.
- The blue ink bottle is found in front of a tree just north of the Tripeaks Paradise mini-game.
- Skull 5 is found hidden behind a tree, behind the plant store, north east of your village.
- Skull 6 is found behind some trees, directly south of the museum.
- Skull 7 is found on a rock, directly north of the museum.
- Skull 8 is found directly north of the altar in the west.
- Skull 9 is found hidden behind a tree, just north west of the match 3-minigame.
- Skull 10 is found on the rocks in front of the waterfall.
- Combine one skull with each of the ink bottles to get 3 colored skulls.
- Now, west to the waterfall you see a big skull in the rocks, with 10 slots. Place the 3 colored skulls in the slots of their color, and place the other skulls in the remaining slots.
- When you correctly place the skulls, the right foot will raise and allow you access to another part of the island.
- Item unlocked: 2,500 skill points
- As soon as you cross over to the other part of the island, you see three symbols in the sand: a hammer (carpenter skill), a fish (provider skill) and wood (lumberjack skill). Place one of your villagers, that is a level 3 on any of these skills, on each of the symbols. So place someone with level 3 carpenter skill, on the hammer symbol, etc.
- When you place a skilled-enough villager on the symbol, the symbol will turn blue. Let them stand on the symbol long enough, until it disappears. Make sure they are happy, or they will walk away before the symbol disappears. You can do this for all symbols at the same time, or one by one. If you have a villager that has level 3 on all skills, you can also use this one villager to fix all symbols. For each symbol that disappears, you are awarded a jewel.
Challenge 16: Plant 10 flowers
- Buy 10 plants at the plant store, and plant them where ever you want.
- You get 5 plants for free; the others you pay with wood.
- Item unlocked: match three minigame, round 3
Challenge 17: Build your wood reserve to 2,500
- Build extra wood storage huts and get chopping!
- Item unlocked: garden mini-game, round 3
Challenge 18: Build your food reserve to 2,500
- Build extra food storage huts and get chopping!
- Item unlocked: Jewel
Challenge 19: Expand your village to 25 huts
- Item unlocked: 5,000 skill points
Unlocking the last part of the island
- In order to unlock the last part of the island, the peninsula in the south east, you will need to place 4 villagers with level 3 stats on everything, on the 4 symbols at the same time.
- The first symbol is found in front of the statue head, in the north.
- The second symbol is found on the east shore of the body of water in the very center of the island.
- The third symbol is found on the sea shore in the center east of the island.
- The last symbol is at the beginning of the last peninsula, directly west of where the land is on its smallest.
Challenge 20: Build 2 huts and a well on the island
- Build 2 huts and a well on the last part of the island, the peninsula in the south west.
Collect 10 gold coins
- Scattered around the east side of the island, there are 10 gold coins. Collect them, and then place them on the gold statue in the south east part of the island to earn another jewel.
- The first coin is found on a patch of grass, in the center bottom of the peninsula, the last part of the island.
- The second coin is found in the water, just below the first coin.
- The third coin is found under a tree on the far east side of the peninsula.
- The fourth coin is found in a tree on the far north west side of the peninsula.
- The fifth coin is found on the east shore of the body of water in the very center of the island.
- The sixth coin is found by following the stream north from the fifth coin, where it is up in a tree.
- The seventh coin is found under a tree, directly south east to the temple.
- The eight coin is found on a grass patch on the shore, a little south to the seventh.
- The ninth coin is found on the rock wall in the north, just past the giant statue feet, but before the lake.
- The tenth coin is found in front of the statue’s head.
Find 3 symbols
- Find three (heart-shaped) symbols and place them on the right side of the temple
- The first symbol is found under a tree, on the far south east shore of the peninsula.
- The second symbol is found under a tree, on the far south west shore of the peninsula.
- The third symbol is found under a tree on the east shore of the body of water in the very center of the island.
Find 3 planks
- Find three planks and place them in front of the statue head, to build a bridge to reach it.
- The first plank is found under a tree, just north west of the gold coin statue.
- The second plank is found under a tree, on the south shore of the peninsula.
- The third plank is found under a tree, on the north west shore of the peninsula.
Challenge 21: Expand your village to 30 huts
- Item unlocked: Jewel
Final Challenge 22: Find all Tikis and Jewels