Gamasutra examines the "social network game boom," EA reveals more details about The Sims 3; and Big Fish acquires My Tribe developer Grubby Games. These headlines and more below.
- EA reveals The Sims 3 online feature set
- Big Fish acquires Grubby Games; "new brand" coming soon
- CampFu surpasses 100,000 players worldwide
- 2008 Game Developer Salary Survey reveals $79,000 average income
- eGames cooks up Burger Island for Wii
- iPhone game developers cooperate to build audiences
- iPhone drives Gameloft sales up 22 percent
- Legends of Zork publisher partners with Offerpal Media to monetize virtual currency
- Wizard101 virtual world surpasses 2 million player mark; sells gift cards in 7 Eleven stores
- Booyah to launch cause-oriented iPhone entertainment apps
- Burda:ic launches an all-new trade system in free-to-play MMORPG Florensia
- Nonoba’s GameRise Scores 100 New Partners In Less Than 30 Days
- Twofish Announces Advanced Virtual Economy Data Platform for Social Networks, Casual Games and Virtual Worlds
- Chris Waldron named VP of Gaming Operations for Cartoon Network
- The Social Network Game Boom
- Bloom or Blurst: A new business model for videogames?
- Will brands like USA Network kill garage iPhone developers?