a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:22:”The Clockwork Man Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:30842:”Check out our strategy guide for The Clockwork Man. This walkthrough contains videos and screenshots for all the puzzles in the game.
- The Clockwork Man is a timer-free Interactive Hidden Object Game. The game consists of a prologue and 3 chapters.
- Each chapter has a variety of hidden objects scenes, and puzzles to solve. The game features an interesting scroll-and-zoom view for certain scenes that most people will enjoy.
- When you complete the game you will be able to access the "Free Play" section from the main menu. Free Play allows you to play scenes randomly.
ADVENTURE SCENES/PUZZLE SCENES
- Every so often you will encounter some scenes in which you need to pick up inventory items. Those items will be used to help you solve some puzzles.
- The inventory items can be combined with each other directly from the section in which they are stored.
- When you hover over an item that needs to be picked up, your hand cursor will make an opening and closing motion.
- When you hover your mouse over an item and you see some small golden gears appear, it means that you can use an item from inventory in that spot.
- To combine items from inventory, simply drag one item over another. If they are meant to be together, they will automatically merge and will go back as a new item in the inventory section.
- You can also click on an item that has the golden gears over it to perform an action. For example, if you need to close or open a lid, simply click on it.
- This game has 4 different types of hints that you can use to help you locate items. Each hint has a different way of showing you what an item looks like.
- If you want to use a hint you have to make sure that Sprocket the Robot has enough energy for the hint you want to use. The energy levels are represented by the filled blue dots next to Sprocket.
- Once you use the energy units, you have to wait for them to fill back up. You can use the energy units even if all the blue dots are not filled.
- If he has a lot of blue dots that means that you can afford to get a detailed hint instead of a vague one.
- To use a hint click on the picture of Sprocket that is in the lower left side of the scene and your hint options will scroll out.
- Next to each type of hint, it will show you how much energy units will be needed to activate that hint.
- Here are the different types of hints and the amount of energy they consume.
OBJECT DATABASE – 1 ENERGY UNIT
- This hint only consumes 1 energy unit. When you click on it, it shows you a sketch of the item that you need to look for. Choose the item that you want a picture of from your item list on the right.
- This can be somewhat helpful because at least it shows you what the item looks like. The downside is that it does not show you the color of the item which can make things difficult to find in a crowded scene.
BASIC OBJECT LOCATOR – 2 ENERGY UNITS
- When you use this hint, it will show you where a random item from your list is. The item that you need to click on will be inside of the glassy area of the locator.
- Even though it gives you a general area to look for, it is pretty hard not to find an item using this system.
- It’s a good idea to use this locator often since it doesn’t consume too much energy.
SPECIFIC OBJECT LOCATOR – 3 ENERGY UNITS
- This locator is very similar to the Basic Object Locator. The main difference is that the glassy area that identifies an object is much smaller which makes it more precise. You can also pick and choose which item from the list you would like to look at.
- Click on this locator and the scene will darken and the items on the list will light up. Click on the item that you would like to see and the locator will take you right to it.
- This is a nice tool since it allows you to look for the items that you want instead of a random item chosen for you.
METAL DETECTOR – 5 ENERGY UNITS
- This is a great tool but it uses a lot of energy units at once. When you use it, it will show you where all the metal objects are located in one sitting.
- This is a great tool to use when you have a scene in which you need to find a lot of metal objects such as nuts, bolts and gears.
- The Metal Detector will highlight in light blue, all the metal objects on your list. The objects will start to shake as well.
- You have to be fast because its effects will only last a short while.
- There is no penalty for random clicking in this game. You can be as click-happy as you want.
- In certain areas of the game, you will be able to toggle between locations by clicking on the map that is at the bottom of the scene.
- If you want to know your progress in the game, all you have to do is look at Grandpa’s list at the bottom left side of the page. It will tell you how many more items are needed for each category. The fuller the list is, the closer you are to finishing the game.
- The game has some nice scrolling and zooming features that are well explained in the menu section of the game. The help menu shows you all the different options you can use.
- When looking for items in the scrolling scenes, make sure that you move around the area carefully. Some items may not be visible right away and can only be seen once some large items move out of the way.
- The following section contains a walkthrough for the game. It contains screenshots, videos and step-by-step instructions on how to solve the puzzles in the game.
- It also shows you screenshots of scenes that ask for multiples of the same items. Like 9 gears or 12 Incan Statuettes etc. Everyone may not have the same items on their list the first time through but they may encounter it once they play the game over.
- Pick up the scissors that are in the top right side of the scene. Place the scissors on the sack that is holding the crowbar. The sack with the crowbar is in the lower left side.
- Use the crowbar on the drawer that is in the lower right side of the page.
- Once the drawer opens, grab the letter that is inside.
ENGINE – PUZZLE SCENE
(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO WATCH A COMPLETE VIDEO SOLUTION FOR THIS PUZZLE)
- Replace the broken radio tube (bulb) with the one from inventory. It goes in the lower center of the scene.
- Place the black gear on the left side of the scene, next to the other gears.
- You will need to combine items with each other directly from the inventory section at the bottom of the screen.
- Grab the lead weight from inventory and place it on the copper pot.
- Place the match from inventory onto the blowtorch and the blowtorch will activate.
- From inventory, place the blowtorch on the pot with the lead weight and it will melt the weight down.
- Place the hammer on the open pipe that is in the top right side of the scene and it will close the gap up.
- Place the copper sheet over the covered gap and then place the pot with the melted weight inside of it.
BALLROOM – FIND 10 BRACELETS
DINING ROOM – FIND 9 VASES AND 3 BROOCHES
- The vases are highlighted in green. One of the vases is not in the screenshot but there is an arrow that points to its general location. It is a clear red vase on the red couch that is behind the dining room table.
- The 3 brooches are highlighted in blue in the screenshot.
LOBBY – FIND 12 BUCKLES AND 4 LITHOGRAPHS
- The buckles will be in yellow and the lithographs will be in blue.
- In order to solve this puzzle you must turn the tiles in the same manner as the tiles that are on top of the scene.
- Click on a tile and it will turn a certain amount of times. Make sure that you rotate it so it is at the same angle as the matching picture above it.If the matching picture is tilted at 180 degrees then you need to tilt the tile at the bottom in the same manner.
- The solutions are random, you may not have the same results as the example below. You can always opt to skip this puzzle by clicking on the skip button at the bottom of the page.
6 AMMONIA BOTTLES AND 3 COPPER PIPES
- The ammonia bottles are highlighted in red.
- The copper pipes are in yellow.
- The funnel and the shovel are in green.
AMMONIA BOTTLES AND COAL PUZZLE
(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO WATCH A COMPLETE VIDEO SOLUTION FOR THIS PUZZLE)
- Take the shovel from inventory and place it in the bag of coal. The shovel will go back into inventory full of coal.
- Place the shovel with coal into the furnace on the right and the coal will go inside the funnel.
- Click on top of the tank that is on the right side of the page so you can open the lid. Once the lid is open, place the funnel in the hole.
- Place the 6 bottles of ammonia and place them on top of the funnel. One by one the tank will fill up once all 6 bottles are in.
- Start placing the copper pipes on the pipes that are above the tank.
- Take the funnel out by clicking on it and then close the lid. The location in which the pipes go into are highlighted in yellow in the screenshot.
- Take the shovel from inventory and place it on the spigot that is on the furnace. Once the shovel is on it, click on it once and the fire will start burning.
- Click on the red lever that is in the lower center of the scene.
- Pick up the rusty saw blade that is in the lower left side of the ground and it will go into inventory.
- Pick up the saw handle that is in the lower left side and it will also go into inventory.
- From the inventory section combine the handle and the saw. They will go back into inventory as a complete saw.
- Take the saw and place it on the wooden stool that is on the floor. One of the legs from the chair will be sawed off and it will go into inventory.
- Pick up the axe head that is in the lower right side and it will go into inventory as well.
- Combine the leg of the stool with the axe head and both pieces will merge.
- Take the axe and click it on the door that is in the back of the scene. Just click it once and a hole will keep forming on the door.
INTERMEZZO – 8 PICTURE FRAMES/5 BRACELETS
- The picture frames are highlighted in green and the bracelets are in red. One of the bracelets is not shown in the screenshot but it there is an arrow pointing to its general location.
BLACKSMITH – 11 COIL SPRINGS – 5 METAL NUTS AND 8 GEARS
- The metal nuts are in light blue in the screenshot.
- The springs are in yellow.
- The gears are in red.
GENERAL STORE – 9 BOLTS AND 3 BAMBOO STICKS
CURIO SHOP – 11 BROOCHES
FIND 12 INCAN STATUETTES
FIND 11 SKETCH PIECES
REPRODUCE THE SKETCH
THE DOCKS – 5 METAL NUTS – 8 GEARS
LIBRARY – 15 NATIVE ARTIFACTS
CRASHED ZEPPELIN-CELTIC ORNATE BOX
MAYAN TEMPLE OF WISDOM DOOR
- Pick up the 3 stone tiles that are in the center of the floor.
- Pick up the twigs that are in the lower left side.
- There is a rusty file in the lower right side, pick it up as well.
- Grab the flint that is in the lower right corner.
- All the items that you just picked will go into inventory. You will now need to combine several items from the inventory box in order to use them.
- From the inventory box, combine the flint and the rusty file and both pieces will merge.
- Take the flint and steel and place it on the twigs that are in the inventory box. The twigs will catch on fire.
- Place the lit twigs on the note that is in the inventory box and you will be able to read a coded message.
- Once all of these actions have been performed you will get a closer view of the door.
OPENING THE MAYAN DOOR
(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO WATCH A COMPLETE VIDEO SOLUTION FOR OPENING THE MAYAN DOOR)
- You will now be faced with a closer view of the door. In your inventory you will have 3 stones and a coded note.
- Notice that the note has several numbers written in it. Some of the numbers have a (-) negative symbol attached to them.
- Those numbers represent the stones that are on both sides of the door.
- The left side represents the negative (-) numbers.
- The right side represents the positive (+) numbers on the note.
- Even though some of the numbers are clumped up together they should be treated as individual numbers. The negative sign only applies to the number that it is in front of.
- The large stone in the middle is considered the number zero and will be the first stone that you need to click on.
- Please look at the screenshot and click on the stones in the order that they are shown. You can also look at the video to see a compete solution to this section.
- The tiles have to be pressed in the following order. As each stone is pressed correctly it will stay down.
- 0~ Large Middle Stone
- 3~Third tile on the right side, starting on the right side of the large stone.
- (-2)~ Click on the second tile that is on the LEFT side of the large stone.
- 4~ Right side
- 7~Right Side
- (-5)~Left Side
- 2~Right Side
- (-6) Left Side
- The next part of the note shows "W E N" Those letters represent the order in which you need to click the arrow that is in the middle of the door.
- Each time you click the arrow it will turn clockwise and whatever side it is pointing to a space for a stone will open up. That space is for you to insert one of the stones that is in your inventory.
- Please click on the arrow in the following order:
- W-You want to turn the arrow until it is facing WEST which is facing to the LEFT. Place any stone from inventory in that space.
- E-You want to turn the arrow until it is facing EAST which is facing to the RIGHT. Place any stone from inventory in that space..
- N-You want to turn the arrow until it is facing NORTH which is facing UP. Place the last stone from inventory in that space.
- Once all these actions have been performed the door to the labyrinth will open.
- Now you are inside the labyrinth, use the navigational arrows that are at the bottom of the screen to help you go though the labyrinth.
- As you through it you will see that the arrows at the bottom will only have certain arrows that are lit. You can only move in the direction of those LIT arrows.
- As you move through the labyrinth you will notice that a small map of sorts will begin forming at the bottom of the page. Use that map to help guide you in your quest.
- Your goal is to pick 6 Mayan stones, 1 skull and 1 obsidian cylinder. Please look at the map provided above or watch the video which will show the exact locations of all the items you need to find.
- Once all the items have been gathered, go to the last spot in the uppermost right corner.
- You will only place the 6 Mayan stones and the skull on the wall. The obsidian stone will not be used until the next puzzle.
GOLDEN STATUES PUZZLE
(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO SOLUTION FOR THE GOLDEN STATUES PUZZLE)
- In this section you have 4 statues in the background. At the bottom of the page you will have a note, an obsidian cylinder and 6 Mayan stones (3 large ones and 3 small ones).
- The goal in this section is to place the stones on the squares on the floor in order to get the right weight combination to open the door. In order to get the right weight, you have to move the statues in the right order in order to accomplish this goal.
- Each stone has a different amount of weight to it. The obsidian skull weighs the most.
- As you place a stone on the squares on the ground you will notice that as a statue rises, it has dots at the bottom of it. Those dots are the clues that you need for the correct placement.
- The handkerchief that is the bottom of the page has the number "1 5 0 8" written at the bottom of it. That number represents the order in which the statues need to be raised to open the door.
- The small stone raises the statues 1 notch
- The large Mayan Stone raises the statues 2 notches.
- The obsidian cylinder raises the statues 5 notches. I will label the statues from 1 to 4, starting from left to right. Place the following stones in the following order:
- Statue #1 – Place 1 small Mayan stone and the statue will raise itself 1 notch.
- Statue #2 – Place 2 large Mayan stones and 1 small Mayan stone. This will raise the second statue 5 notches.
- Statue #3 – Do NOT place any stones on this statue since you do not want to move this statue at all.
- Statue #4 – Place the obsidian cylinder, 1 large Mayan stone and 1 small Mayan stone in this section to raise it 5 notches.
- The golden door in the back will now open.
CRYSTAL RING PUZZLE
(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO WATCH A COMPLETE VIDEO SOLUTION FOR THE RING PUZZLE)
- The first thing you have to do when you encounter this puzzle is to start placing the crystals in the center of the ring.
- Please look at the screenshot to see the correct placement of the crystals.
- Once all the crystals are in place, you will need to start matching like symbols in the area that is connected to the large circle in the top left side of the puzzle.
- If you look at the ring you will notice that there are 2 sets of matching symbols. Your goal is to match all the sets in the large white circle that is outside of the main ring.
- Choose any 2 symbols and place them in the area that surrounds the large white circle that is on the top LEFT side FIRST. You cannot start matching items in the white circle that is on the top right side because the game will not recognize the match.
- Use the arrows at the bottom of the page to turn the 2 large circles, clockwise or counter-clockwise. The button at the bottom of the puzzle allows you to switch up the ring you want to control.
- Once you’ve made a successful match on the left side, you need to find the same 2 symbols and match them up on the large white circle that is on the RIGHT.
- Please look at the video provided so you can look at the way the puzzle needs to be solved.
- Once all the symbols have been matched up, you will be taken to the final scene.
THE END… OR WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?“;