Check out our strategy guide for Romopolis.
- You can choose between "easy", "normal" and "hard" difficulty in the options menu.
- Your current goals are displayed at the top right-hand corner of the screen, while the additional trophy goal is on the top left-hand side corner of the screen.
- The rental income can be seen in the bottom left-hand corner, it is collected every five seconds. This information is important to calculate certain goals.
- Always add idle workers to tasks if possible, this saves you a lot of time in regard to finishing tasks.
- Immediately repair damaged buildings, because they won’t give you rent before they are repaired.
- You can obtain the trophies for each level later on without time pressure.
- If residents are unhappy, click on the concerned building to see what they miss.
- Some surroundings like granaries or forts affect the happiness of houses negatively, so try to avoid placing houses near those buildings.
- The extra room is the only house-upgrade for which you do not have to purchase any concession, but it takes longer to add it.
- Small house: Wood (40), Stone (10), Workers (8) ; Income (18), Residents (27)
- Large House: Wood (60), Stone (30), Workers (12) ; Income (32), Residents (40)
- Small Apartment: Wood (80), Stone (80), Workers (16) ; Income (55), Residents (56)
- Large Apartment: Wood (120), Stone (170), Workers (20) ; Income (100), Residents (85)
- Mansion: Wood (180), Stone (340), Workers (24) ; Income (175), Residents (120)
- Shrine – religious: Wood (70), Stone (40), Workers (12)
- Market – commercial: Wood (80), Stone (50), Workers (14)
- Baths – health care: Wood (100), Stone (100), Workers (16)
- Library – cultural: Wood (120), Stone (120), Workers (18)
- Temple – religious: Wood (140), Stone (200), Workers (20)
- Forum – commercial: Wood (150), Stone (250), Workers (22)
- Hospital – health care: Wood (200), Stone (380), Workers (24)
- Amphitheater – cultural: Wood (240), Stone (400), Workers (26)
- Garden – improves happiness: Wood (40), Stone (20), Workers (10)
The first four levels are tutorials, you will be able to beat them in time if you simply follow the given instructions.
Level 5: Goals (8 houses, 10 total happiness, 250 Dn monthly income)
- Build a garden as shown in the screen.
- Build houses around this garden on the already existing, free plots.
- Altogether you need 6 large and 2 small houses to meet the monthly income goal in the end.
- Clear four plots of trees for the last three houses and a second garden.
- Train two additional workers and construct market and shrine on the two plots of the right-hand side.
- The second garden should be placed as in the screen below to meet the happiness goal.
Level 6: Goals (8 large houses, 5 overall commerce, Baths)
- You need three plots for 2 markets and one baths.
- Don’t demolish the small and the old house to create plots for large houses. Their additional income is nice and the clearing of the debris are expenses without any outcome.
- Rather clear two tree plots and one stone plot. This is a little bit more expensive, but the resources you are gaining are well worth it.
- Build eight large houses as shown in the screen below.
- Collect some income and construct two markets, one of them should be upgraded thereafter to meet the commerce goal.
- Buy the baths blueprint.
- Train two additional workers and construct the baths.
Level 7: Goals (8 houses with entrance gate upgrade, 5000 Dn balance, library)
- Build a garden on the central plot as shown in the screen below.
- Construct a market right beside the shrine and build houses around the garden as in the screen until you have eight altogether. Therefore you need to clear two tree plots.
- Buy the "paved roads"-concession.
- Upgrade all the eight houses with the entrance gate.
- Gather money until you can afford to purchase the library blueprint, train two additional workers and construct it on the last remaining free plot.
- Wait until you have earned 5,000 Dn.
Level 8: Goals (5 small apartments, 10 total happiness, 750 stone in stock)
- Build two gardens as shown in the screen below.
- Purchase the small apartment blueprint.
- Construct two small apartments, but do not demolish the two large houses.
- Build shrine, market and baths as in the screen below.
- Clear the two stone plots and the tree plot near your second garden.
- Construct four small apartments near the gardens.
- Train two workers, build the library on the last free plot and buy stone until you have at least 750 in stock.
Level 9: Goals (8 houses with water reservoir upgrade, 500 residents, 6 overall healthcare)
- Construct a garden as shown in the screen below.
- Build three small apartments around the garden, but do not demolish the small house.
- Clear a tree plot and construct a baths.
- Build four more small apartments around the garden.
- Clear two more tree plots and construct another two small apartments there to fulfill the residents-goal.
- Purchase the water supply concession.
- Upgrade eight apartments with a water reservoir.
- Clear another tree plot, build a second baths on it and upgrade both baths to finish the last goal.
Level 10: Goals (8 small apartments, 600 Dn monthly income, 8 overall culture)
- Build a garden as in the screen below.
- Build seven small apartments around this garden, therefore you have to clear some plots of trees. But do not demolish the old apartments.
- Build a shrine, train two more workers and build the first library.
- Build an eighth small apartment and construct two more libraries. Upgrade two of your three existing libraries.
- Purchase the water supply concession and upgrade all apartments with water reservoirs and an extra room to reach the required monthly income.
Level 11: Goals (7 houses with toilet upgrade, 10 total happiness, 8,000 Dn balance)
- Build the first garden as presented in the screen below.
- Construct four apartments around this garden, but do not demolish the old house.
- Construct a shrine and a market near the granaries.
- Demolish the old house which is between two granaries, but do not clear the debris.
- Begin to clear plots of trees on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Construct a second garden as shown in the screen, build three additional apartments around this garden and a third garden as in the screen below.
- Build 1 baths and purchase the sewers concession.
- Upgrade all seven apartments with toilets.
- Train two more workers and build the library.
Level 12: Goals (8 small apartments, Temple, 2,500 stone in stock)
- Construct a garden and three small apartments on the free plots around it as shown in the screen.
- Clear two stone and three tree plots, which ones you can see on the screen.
- Build three more apartments near the garden.
- Construct the shrine and the baths in the right corner.
- Clear another tree plot for the eighth apartment, train two workers and construct the library near the shrine.
- Train two workers and acquire the temple blueprint. Then build on the last free plot near the library.
- Purchase stones until you possess at least 2,500.
Level 13: Goals (20 total happiness, 600 residents, 30 workers)
- Build the first garden as indicated on the screenshot below. Then construct four small apartments on the free plots around it.
- Build the second garden as shown on the screenshot and two small apartments on the free plots near to it.
- Clear the four plots between the already existing gardens of trees, build a third garden on the central plot of these four and three small apartments on the other just cleared plots.
- Clear four plots of trees in the top corner and build one market and one baths there.
- Train two workers and build a library near to market and baths.
- Demolish the shrine and rebuild it one the last free plot beside library, market and baths.
- Clear the debris of the old shrine and build a small apartment on this plot.
- Train workers until you have 30 altogether.
Level 14: Goals (20 houses with entrance gate upgrade, Forum, 15,000 Dn balance)
- Build eight small apartments on the available free plots.
- Clear three plots of trees/stone to construct shrine, baths and library.
- Purchase the paved roads concession and upgrade all ten houses with the entrance gate.
- Purchase the forum blueprint, clear one more plot, train four workers and build the forum.
- Collect your rent until you have reached the money goal.
Level 15: Goals (5 large apartments, 20 total happiness, 12 overall religion)
- Build the first garden as you can see on the screen below, then construct 5 small apartments on the plots around it.
- Purchase the large apartment blueprint.
- Construct the second garden as shown in the screen.
- Train two more workers and begin to clear every possible plot.
- Build a third garden as shown in the screen and construct 5 large apartments around the two new gardens.
- Build baths, temple and library.
- Train two more workers to construct the forum.
- Demolish the small apartment in the right corner.
- Build two more temples and upgrade the shrine to reach the religion goal.
- Demolish one small apartment and replace it by a fourth garden as you can see on the screen.
Level 16: Goals (20 houses with water reservoir upgrade, 730 residents, 12 overall commerce)
- Construct six large apartments, a market and a baths.
- Clear four plots of trees and build four large houses.
- Purchase the water suppl concession and upgrade all ten houses with a water reservoir.
- Clear three more plots of trees and construct three markets.
- Upgrade all your four markets to reach the commerce goal.
Level 17: Goals (4 small apartments, 6 large apartments, 18 total happiness)
- Construct the first garden as in the screen below, then build three small apartments in the lower corner.
- Build the second garden as in the screen and build one small and two large apartments in the top corner. Train two workers to be able to build large apartments.
- Construct the third garden as in the screen, then the shrine and the market. Clear the plots of trees in the right corner to have space for baths, library and temple.
- Demolish the two old apartments in the centre. Construct a garden on one of these two new plots and leave the other one alone for now.
- Clear all tree plots in the left corner and construct four large apartments and two additional gardens similar as in the screen.
- Train two more workers and build the forum as in the screen below.
Level 18: Goals (12 houses, Hospital, 1,600 Dn monthly income)
- Train two workers and build four large apartments.
- Construct the market and baths.
- Build three more large apartments, then clear six plots of resources and build another six large apartments.
- Clear the last four plots and train two more workers. Now you should build library, temple and forum.
- Purchase the hospital blueprint, train two more workers and build the hospital on the last free plot.
- Replace the two large houses by two large apartments.
- Purchase the paved roads concession and upgrade the apartments with entrance gates and extra rooms until you have reached the income goal.
Level 19: Goals (10 large apartments, 20 total happiness, 12 overall healthcare)
- This level is very complicated and concerning the design you are very limited, so you should look at the screen below very carefully to plan in advance.
- Build your first two gardens as shown in the screen, then build four large apartments around them.
- Build more large apartments, gardens and the other buildings according to the screen. Baths, shrine and the other public buildings should be around the forts.
- Train four more workers and demolish the small and the large house, also clear every available plot.
- Build two hospitals.
- Purchase the water supply concession and upgrade the baths as well as the two hospitals to reach the healthcare goal.
Level 20: Goals (14 houses with toilet upgrade, Amphitheatre, 1,200 residents)
- Build three large apartments, a market and baths.
- Build one small apartment and two large ones in the left corner.
- Begin to clear all plots one after another and build more large apartments, until you have 13, and 15 houses altogether.
- Purchase the sewers concession and upgrade 14 houses with a toilet.
- Purchase the amphitheater blueprint, train six workers and build it.
Level 21: Goals (8 mansions, 16 houses with extra room upgrade, 50 workers)
- In this level the design is of no importance and you do not have to build all the public buildings.
- More important is to do things very quickly and to give all your workers a task without interruption if possible.
- Begin to build four large apartments and a shrine. Upgrade the six existing houses with an extra room, you need no concession for this upgrade, but it takes a little longer than the other house upgrades.
- Build two more large apartments and upgrade them with an extra room. Now every free plot should be full.
- Begin to clear the tree plots and build a library.
- Save 9,000 Dn and purchase the mansion upgrade, train four workers.
- Now you can start to build the eight required mansions, but train workers and clear plots simultaneously.
- Train 50 workers altogether.
- When you have constructed eight mansions, upgrade all of them with an extra room.
Level 22: Goals (12 houses with luxury furniture upgrade, 15 total happiness, 1,300 residents)
- In this level you need one particular design to reach all the goals and it is also important that you build exactly the same number of houses as in this description. Look carefully at the screen below to plan ahead where you have to construct which building. This will save you worthwhile time, since this this is the hardest level up to now.
- Build three large apartments on the lower free plots and train tow workers.
- Then build one mansion and a market.
- Build two gardens on the two free plots as you can see in the screen, then three more mansions. Now all plots should be full.
- Begin to clear plots of trees on the left side and build five more mansions, so that you have eight altogether.
- Now purchase the trade route concession and upgrade the large apartments and the mansions with the luxury furniture.
- Then clear all remaining plots of trees and demolish the small apartment.
- Keep training workers and build two more gardens.
- Construct the remaining public buildings, namely baths, library, temple, forum, hospital and and amphitheater on the free plots.
Level 23: Goals (10 mansions, 15 overall culture, 90,000 Dn balance)
- Build four mansions, three large apartments and a shrine.
- Begin to clear the plots of trees.
- Construct six more mansions, then library, temple, forum and hospital.
- Demolish the old apartment, build three more libraries and all the four libraries, you don’t need a concession to do so.
- In this level you have to get a feeling of when to build houses or public buildings.
- All in all it is very important to construct the houses as early as possible, to generate a regular, sufficing income to get the tasks done quickly.
Level 24: (4,500 Dn monthly income, 15 total happiness, 1,600 residents)
- In this level the right timing, a good design and a lot of luck are of equal importance.
- Build three mansions, a garden and a market. Upgrade the mansions with an extra room.
- Build baths and four more mansions – again upgrade the new mansions with an extra room. Now there should be no free plot left.
- Clear the five tree plots on the right-hand side. Build four mansions with an extra room and a garden.
- Clear the four remaining tree plots and demolish the five houses around the shrine.
- Build four mansions with an extra room and the five left public buildings (library, temple, forum, hospital and amphitheater).
- Buy the trade route and the paved roads concessions and upgrade all mansions with the two newly available upgrades.
- Take into account that you have to train additional workers early on to be able to fulfill all the tasks simultaneously later on.