iPhone/iPod touch games dominate the list of finalists for the Independent Games Festival’s mobile games competition; CasualGaming.biz interviews PopCap’s Jason Kapalka;and Microsoft announces layoffs in its Games for Windows Live division. These headlines and more below.
- Microsoft’s Chris Early, head of Games for Windows Live, among the layoffs
- Second annual Independent Games Festival Mobile announces finalists
- Peggle coming to iPhone this year
- Majesco Entertainment announces Orchard for the PC is now available
- Eidos shuts mobile gaming studio, lays off 14
- Burda:Ic adds towering dungeons and imperial rewards to fantasy MMORPG Florensia
- SPIL Games’ games featured on Agame.com recognized by FHM with two nominations for 2009 Web Game Awards
- NeoEdge Networks named AlwaysOn OnMedia 100 winner
- Interview: PopCap
- The PC numbers game
- GamesBeat 2009 preview: Bing Gordon foreses games replacing textbooks at schools
- Nintendo brain-trainer "no better than pencil and paper"
- What’s new at other kids’ websites