a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:37:”Chocolatier: Decadence by Design Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:17849:”Check out out strategy guide for Chocolatier: Decadence by Design.
- After some months of experience in the chocolatier business you can scroll over ingredients to learn their price range. Always look for cheap ingredients when you visit any market, because the cheaper you buy the ingredients, the larger becomes the profit you earn when you sell products.
- Twice in the game you will get offers to purchase new inventions. The first one is the remote telegraph, which costs 100,000 $ and enables you to change what your factories are producing, no matter where you are. Purchase this invention as soon as possible, because you can react much faster to orders or unexpected events. The only condition to change production is that the product you choose must have been produced in this factory before. The second invention is the corporate airplane, which shortens travelling time to one week, no matter how long the distance is and the costs of travelling are reduced to zero. For the airplane you have to pay 500,000 $ and you should not purchase it if you don’t have more than at least 1,500,000 $. It is still useful but not as important as the Remote Telegraph.
- Make use of the Secret Test Kitchen as soon as possible, since your own creations become important very quickly and are part of a lot of quests.
- Accept and fulfill as many orders and favors as possible. They are all more profitable than if you just ordinary sell your products at shops and are regularly part of the storyline. Moreover, some orders provide access to secret ports or new cities.
- The six factories are situated in Zurich, Capetown, Tokyo, San Francisco, Toronto and Wellington. Each factory is only equipped for either chocolate bars, coffee, infusions, truffles, coffee blends or exotics. Of course you can upgrade any factory to produce more sorts of products, but it is not necessary. It is expensive to upgrade and you should produce each sort of product anyway.
- Take into account that some stores only purchase coffee, like Zachariah’s in Tangiers.
- The first of your two major tasks is it to get the endorsement of the Board members. One aspect to get these endorsements, besides earning money and knowing a specific number of recipes, is to take ownership of shops. The first three shops that you will own by doing favors to their possessors are those in Tangiers, in Kona and in Havana. The favors for their owners are always rather expensive, since you have to deliver cases of very exclusive recipes for them without getting paid. This means that you should save a lot of money in advance to be able to handle these favors. Later on in the game you might also take the ownership of the shops in Douala and Baghdad.
- The ownership of shops provides you with special orders which are highly profitable. You should accept those orders as often as possible, but those orders have a time limit, so you should concentrate on the fulfillment.
- The creation of new recipes in your Secret Test Kitchen is a key aspect of the game. It is important to know in advance that your final task to become "Master Chocolatier" is to deliver 200 cases of each of your own creations to Evangeline Baumeister. This means that you have two possibilities: either you can create very expensive and exclusive recipes which will provide you with high profits during the game. Or you can create very simple products with cheap ingredients which are available at a lot of markets.The first possibility is more interesting and creative, but you will need a lot of money to fulfill the last task. The latter possibility is less exciting and you probably wont produce your own creations regularly, but it will ease your final order.
- It is a good idea to produce every recipe immediately after you have received it, because in this way the remote telegraph will be even more helpful.
CITIES – BUILDINGS AND PEOPLE
- Be aware of the fact that some people never change the locations, whereas others can be found on various places throughout the world. Important people like the Board members or certain retailers can always be found at the same places. If an order involves a person who is travelling all over the world you are generally informed where he or she can be currently found.
- Matterhorn: Ursel Hlasek
- Bahnhof: Alex Fletcher, later on Anselm Danders
- University of Zurich: Florian Amiel
- St. Peterskirche: Liridona Gygax
- Niederdorf Chocolates: Analiese Rausis
- Zurich Chocolate Works: Endrit Rast
- Main Street Market: Verena Zubriggen
- Swiss National Bank: Nino Braggen
- Ndaware Plantation: Guy Etame
- Bonanjo Hotel: Ernest Mimhoe
- Capital Sweets: Henri Makongue
- Patiserrie Ambe: Salma Izzma
- Iomge Ndonga
- Table Mountain: Duduzile Nkosi
- Adderly Street Chocolate Shop: Kafilma Matehula
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront Market: Gavin Hatz
- Longshore Lodge: Salma Izzma
- Capetown Manufacturing, LTD.: Felix Baumeister
- Secret Test Kitchen: Teddy Baumeister
- Open Air Market: Hekili Philipo
- Kailua Fine Goods: Leialoka Naea
- Ka’awa Loa Plantation: Kalei Kamalaninui
- Uluru Huts: Valerie McGill
- Ayers Rock: later on Alex Fletcher
- Kowaki’s Limes: Kowaki
- Hotel Tangiers: Jilali Abillou
- Gibraltar Port: Ilan Layani
- Morroco Fine Coffees: Zachariah Tangye
- Souk Market: Magdalene Gelder
- The Lookout: Bianca Rabiti
- Havana Coffee Beans, LTD.: Cheena Famosa
- Casino National: Candela Llinas
- Old Havana Market: Elian Alzua
- Hotel de Cuba: Lolita de Guines
- Vedado Chocolates & Coffees: Armena Carabella
- Island Temple: Shobka Mudaliar
- Kintamani Plantation: Santoro Devi
- Agung Shadows Market: Nyoman
- Mangku’s Sweets: Irishna Didharma
- Mount Fuji: Thomas Hardy
- Imperial Palace: Kenji Watanabe
- Nakamitsu Fine Coffees and Sweets: Yoshi Kamai
- Meiji Shrine: Hjalmar Helguson
- Nakamise Market: Reiko Isuneda
- Tokyo Tower: Asako Yomura
- Tokyo Station: Daisuke Sato
- Honmei Industries: Dieter Baumeister
- Mercado De San Alejo: Antonio Monslave
- Custom House: Salma Izzma
- Artesanias de Colombia: Inansita Landinez
- El Dorado Suites: Syd Birchmore
- La Catederal: Susana Vanegas
- Foothills Plantation: Jorge Gaitain
- Andes Mountains: Pedro Barreda
- Golden Dollar: Zlata Ribar
- Stan’s Market: Claudia Elquez
- Hotel Paiute: Sissy Pickston
- San Francisco Chocolate Makers: Chas Baumeister
- Baumeister Confections Building: Evangeline Baumeister
- Union Square Chocolates: Helen McMuntry
- Market Street Market: Sharon Knowles
- Alcatraz: Onaona Waipa
- The Watering Hole: Allison Pepper
- Lake Huron Hotel: Valerie McGill
- Wychwood Sweets: Kerrie Taylor
- Ontario Manufacture: Brooke Hudstone
- Waterfront Suites: Joseph Tangye
- Bigtown Market: Abbey Gilbraith
- Harbour Market: Robyn Quinn
- New Zealand Confectioners, LTD.: Whitney Baumeister
- Britannia Fine Goods: Karolyne Radke
- Seaside Offices: Sissy Pickston
- Boarding House: Katherine Carpo
- Mayan Ruins: Syd Brichmore
- Cambria’s Place: Cambria Equivel
- Miraflores Chocolates: Yussell Parodi
- Pizarro Place: Shobka Mudaliar
- Cathedral of Lima: Ariana Ranceros
- Alpamayo Peak: Luis Balarin
- Mercado Aurora: Giuliana Zender
- Plaza Mayor: Keylla Astengo
- Abbasids Mosque: Zenab Sinjari
- Al Rasheed Market: Shada Barzani
- Al-Mansur Building: Syd Birchmore
- Tigris River Coffees: Abraham Saieed
- Great Wall: Valerie McGill
- Jiayuguan Fortress: Salma Izzma
- Nyama’s Outpost: Nyama
CITIES AND INGREDIENTS
- Most of the cities will become available later on, as well as some secret places. They are generally introduced to you when you receive new recipes. The same applies to new ingredients – they are available as soon as they are part of a new recipe (the only exception in this case is Honduran Cacao, but as you do not need to produce the recipe including this ingredient to beat the game, this exception is no problem for your chocolate business.)
Zurich: Almonds, Amaretto, Caramel, Cherries, Cloves, Espresso Beans, Orange Liqueur, Honey, Lemons, Milk, Oranges, Rose Petals, Sugar, Whiskey.
Douala: Almonds, Anise, Cacao, Cardamom Pods, Cashews, Cinnamon, Currants, Ginger, Hazelnuts, Mango, Mint, Peanuts, Cayenne Peppers, Truffle Powder, Sugar, Vanilla, Doualan (Cameroonian) Cacao.
Capetown: Almonds, Caramel, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Milk, Mint, Peanuts, Strawberries, Sugar, Whipped Cream.
Kona: Cacao, Cashews, Cherries, Cream, Hazelnuts, Honey, Macademia Nuts, Milk, Mint, Oranges, Pecans, Truffle Powder, Sugar, Vanilla, Kona Coffee.
Tangiers: Almonds, Blueberries, Cashews, Cherries, Cinnamon, Cloves, Hazelnuts, Milk, Mint, Nutmeg, Oranges, Raspberries, Saffron, Sesame, Sugar, Moroccan Coffee.
Havana: Allspice, Almonds, Cacao, Cinnamon, Honey, Mint, Oranges, Truffle Powder, Sugar, Black Tea, Cuban Coffee.
Bali: Allspice, Cacao, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconuts, Espresso Beans, Ginger, Mango, Truffle Powder, Sea Salt, Sugar, Balinese Cacao, Balinese Coffee.
Tokyo: Cherries, Cloves, Ginger, Lemons, Milk, Mint, Oranges, Pumpkins, Sea Salt, Sugar, Black Tea, Wasabi.
Bogota: Allspice, Butter, Cacao, Cashews, Cloves, Espresso Beans, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Truffle Powder, Pumpkins, Saffron, Sugar, Colombian Cacao, Colombian Coffee.
Las Vegas: Amaretto, Espresso Beans, Orange Liqueur, Coffee Liqueur, Milk, Strawberries, Sugar, Whiskey.
San Francisco: Almonds, Blueberries, Cherries, Espresso Beans, Coffee Liqueur, Milk, Mint, Pistachios, Raspberries, Sugar.
Toronto: Blueberries, Butter, Cashews, Cream, Espresso Beans, Honey, Maple Syrup, Milk, Mint, Raspberries, Sugar, Whiskey.
Wellington: Butter, Cherries, Currants, Espresso Beans, Mango, Milk, Mint, Cayenne Peppers, Pistachios, Pumpkins, Raspberries, Sea Salt, Strawberries, Sugar, Vanilla, Whiskey.
Lima: Blueberries, Cacao, Cherries, Cinnamon, Hazelnuts, Honey, Peruvian Cacao, Milk, Oranges, Pecans, Truffle Powder, Sugar.
Baghdad: Allspice, Anise, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon, Cloves, Espresso Beans, Milk, Mint, Nutmeg, Pistachios, Saffron, Sugar.
Gobi Desert: Dates, Sugar.
Xunantunich: Honduran Cacao.
- All of the Chocolate Bar recipes are in your possession from beginning on. Besides there are twelve spaces for recipes which you can create by your own in the Secret Test Kitchen in Reykjavik. These spaces become available for you after fulfilling different tasks. The list below will tell you which from the other recipes are given to you by whom and what kind of order you have to manage therefore.
- Felix Baumeister: Cup A Joe (no strings attached)
- Zachariah Tangye: Arabian Bold (for 40 cases of it)
- Zachariah Tangye: Coffee w/Mint (for finishing the order above)
- Shobha Mudaliar: Cafe con Leche (for the first batch of it)
- Ilan Layani: Special Blend (for 34 cases of Special Reserve 66% African Cacao)
- Santoro Devi: Breakfast Blend ; Coffee w/Amaretto (for 10 cases of two of your own creations)
- Agostina Calvina: Coffee w/Whipped Cream (for delivering 28 cases of them to Nino Bragger)
- Florian Amiel: Mocha (for 20 cases of Cup A Joe)
- Ilan Layani: Cinnamon Coffee (no strings attached)
- Lolita de Guines: Coffee w/Nutmeg (no strings attached)
- Lolita de Guines: Irish Coffee (for 15 cases of Coffee w/Nutmeg and Coffee w/Whipped Cream)
- Dieter Baumeister: Dark Chocolate Pecan Infusions (no strings attached)
- Surea Siqueira: Spicy Dark Chocolate Infusions (for 75 cases of it)
- Asako Yomura: Milk Chocolate Infusions w/Blueberries ; Dark Chocolate Infusions w/Cherries (for 45 cases of Cinnamon Coffee and Chocolate Bars w/Raspberry)
- Yoshi Kamai: Milk Chocolate Infusions w/Allspice (no strings attached)
- Daisuke Sato: Vanilla Cinnamon Infusions (for 50 cases of Milk Chocolate Infusions w/Allspice)
- Susana Vanegas: Dark Colombian Cacao Lime Infusions (for 25 cases of one of your creations)
- Susana Vanegas: Specialty Cacao and Macademia Infusions (for 45 cases of Dark Colombian Cacao Lime Infusions)
- Yurika Hareda: Strawberry Anise Chocolate Infusions (no strings attached)
- Rakin Talik: Dark Chocolate Infusions w/Ginger (for 26 cases of Milk Chocolate Infusions w/Blueberries)
- Ilan Layani: Mango Clove Infusions (no strings attached)
- Ilan Layani: Blended Cacao Dark Chocolate Infusions (for 40 cases of Mango Clove Infusions)
- Evangeline Baumeister: White Chocolate Truffles ; Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Truffles ; Honey Milk Chocolate Truffles ; Wasabi Cashew Truffles ; Lemon Raspberry Truffles ; Spicy Currant Truffles (no strings attached)
- Joseph Tangye: Blended Varietal Cacao Pumpkin Truffles (for a case of Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Truffles)
- Felix Baumeister: Specialty Cacao Espresso Truffles (for a case of Honey Milk Chocolate Truffles)
- Dieter Baumeister: Sesame Ginger Colombian Cacao Truffles (for a case of Wasabi Cashew Truffles)
- Whitney Baumeister: Cameroonian Dark Truffles w/Saffron (for a case of Lemon Raspberry Truffles)
- Alex Fletcher: Peruvian Cacao Cardamom and Nutmeg Truffles (for a case of Spicy Currant Truffles)
- Evangeline Baumeister: Blended Varietal Cacao Dark Truffles (no strings attached)
- Joseph Tangye: Super Buzz (no strings attached)
- Whitney Baumeister: Salted Dark Chocolate Caramels (no strings attached)
- Keylla Astengo: Lemon Lime Dark Chocolate Stars (for 60 cases of Wasabi Cashew Truffles)
- Keylla Astengo: Dark Chocolate Dates w/Almonds (for 50 cases of Lemon Lime Dark Chocolate Stars)
- Claudia Elquez: Mint and Whiskey Liqueurs (for $25,000)
- Henri Makongue: Peanut Butter Stars (for 78 cases of Mint and Whiskey Liqueurs)
- Motochika Haneda: Coconut Milk Coffee ; Chocolate Covered Candied Rose Petals (for 35 cases each of two of your own creations)
- Joseph Tangye: Super Mocha Blend ; Hazelnut Infused Coffee (for delivering 20 cases of each of those two recipes and Super Buzz to Felix Baumeister)
- Felix Baumeister: Winter Warmer ; Spicy Blend (for fulfilling the above order)
- Evangeline Baumeister: Mediterranean Coffee (for delivering 25 cases of this recipe and 65 cases of Sesame Ginger Colombian Cacao Truffles to Pedro in Bogota)
- Pedro Barreda: Orange Pecan Chocolate Stars (for finishing the above order)
- Motochika Haneda: Pumpkin Pie Latte (for delivering 50 cases of this recipe and 50 cases of Coffee w/Amaretto to Tigris River Coffees in Baghdad)
- Agostina Calvina: Cafe Caribe (just answer yes if she asks you if you feel lucky today during your travels)
- Susana Vanegas: World’s Finest Chocolate Covered Strawberries ; Dark Chocolate Honey Butter Crunch (for 12 cases of each Pecan Chocolate Stars and Strawberry Anise Chocolate Infusions)
- Abraham Saieed: Caramel Latte (for delivering Motochika Hanedas order above)
- Mariama Nana: Sweet Chai Chocolate Stars ; Chocolate Covered Salted Pistachios (for 50 cases of Dark Chocolate Dates w/Almonds)
- Whitney Baumeister: Blended Cacao Deep Chocolate w/Cashews (for knowing 11 exotics recipes and 7 own creations)
- Zenab Sinjari: Coffee Grog (for conveying 200 cases of Caramel Latte)
- Jospeph Tangye: Mexican Coffee (for knowing 11 Coffee Blends recipes and $3,000,000 in your bank account)