The New York Times interviews the makers of DQ Tycoon (and give a special shout-out to Gamezebo readers as well!); the Industry Standard ponders whether the games industry will be sustained by casual or hardcore gamers; and a new video game conference, GamesBeat 2009, is announced. These headlines and more below.
- Handango expands smartphone catalogue partnering with Digital Chocolate and I-play
- Driving Kids World MMO: Safe and interactive edutainment world
NeoEdge launches NeoMOM to measure product tastes
- Accedo secures ITV games deployments with OTE, Chunghwa Telecom
- Dairy Queen, the video game
- Less killing, more kissing: new breed of computer games bring people together
- Will "core gamers" or "casual gamers" keep the industry afloat?
- Casual games you can play in your lunch break
- Charity as a unique value proposition in Elf Island
- The recession proof video game industry
- How Sonny became 2008’s big flash game hit
- Introducing GamesBeat 2009, a conference about the future of the video game business
- Editorial: Big-budget hardcore games could be obsolete in 2010