a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:40:”Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:49703:”
Check out our Strategy Guide for Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace.
Timed and Relaxed Modes
- When you first start the game, you will be asked if you want to play the game in Timed Mode or Relaxed mode.
- Choose the Relaxed Mode if you want to play without the pressures of having a timer. Choose Timed Mode if you like the challenge of playing against the clock.
- In the Timed Mode you will get penalized 30 seconds off your clock for random clicking. In Relaxed Mode you can click on the screen as much as you want without any penalties.
- There are some letters that you will have to find in the game. Each time you find a letter you will be able to read it on the screen right away.
- Each letter will be stored away in the briefcase that is located in the top left side of the scene. You can look in the briefcase to read the letters whenever you want to.
- The map page will have all the locations for each act. You can go back and forth between scenes by accessing the map page.
- On the map page you can see how many items are left to find in each scene. If you see a "?" next to a location, then it means that you have a puzzle that needs to be solved.
- If you’re having a hard time finding items in one location, just go to a different one and you can return to that one later.
- To access the map, click on the "menu" tab that is at the bottom left side of the scene and choose the "Return to Map" tab. Click on the scene that you would like to visit.
- In the game you will have to find certain inventory items. These items will be used at the end of an act to help you solve a puzzle.
- To access the inventory item, click on the chest icon that is on the top left side of the screen. The items will show up on the box that is on the left side.
- You have to figure out what to do with these items and where they belong. In some instances you will have to combine 2 items directly from the inventory box for them to work.
- You cannot use hints to help you figure out what to do with the pieces. However, when you run your cursor over an item and it turns purple it means that you can use an inventory item in that spot.
- When you find an inventory item and you are given a description, read what the screen is telling you, it may give you hints as to what you will be able to use that item for later on in the game.
- The hint system is pretty neat in this game. It gives you three choices to help you locate an item. Each choice has a value attached to them; the more exact the hint is, the more it is going to cost you.
- You start each act with 10 credits that you can use towards your hints. You can earn additional credits by locating the 2 crowns that are located in each scene.
- Hints can only help you find items from the list, they cannot help you solve puzzles or help you in what to do with the inventory items. Some puzzles do have the "solve" button so you can use that when it is available.
- Your credits will not rollover with you from act to act so go ahead and use them up before the act ends.
- If you want to look at a silhouette of an item, it will cost you one point to do so.
- Click on the item from the list that you would like to see, then click on the "silhouette" option that pops up on the right.
- The silhouette of the item you chose will be on top of the list and will remain there until you find the item or you click on a different choice.
- If you still can’t find the item and you decide to look up another item, you will still be able to see your first choice by clicking on the name on the list. In other words, once you use your point for a silhouette hint, it will be visible even if you click on something else.
- Show me what it looks like.
- This hint will cost you 3 credits to use it. Click on an item on the list and you will see the actual picture of the item you are looking for in full color, on top of the inventory box.
- This hint makes it easier to find an item because you can see it in full color, which makes it easier to pick out. The picture of the item will remain visible in the box until you click on another item or you find the item in the scene.
- Show me where it is.
- To use this hint you will have to use 5 credits. This is the most expensive hint but it is also the most accurate one.
- When you click on this hint, it will show you the exact location of the item you are looking for. A silver circle will shine around the object you selected.
- The following section contains the solutions to all the puzzles in this game. If you do not wish to know the answers, please stop reading now. Thanks and Enjoy!
- In the walkthrough, items highlighted in red are inventory items, and objects highlighted in blue denote hotspots where the inventory items should go, or an action that needs to be performed.
- Crown 1-Far right side, on the ground, it blends in with the stone.
- Crown 2-Top right side, gold crown, in front of the black statue.
- Letter-Top right side, on the ground close to the trash bin.
- Inventory Item 1-Bronze Feather-On the face of the large statue that is in the middle of the scene.
- Inventory Item 2-Bronze letter "X"-It is in the top center of the scene, close to the statue that is in the left side.
- Crown 1-Top left side, it blends in with the clouds in the sky.
- Crown 2-Right side of the scene, on top of the third gate.
ADMIRALITY ARCH PUZZLE
- Click on top of the building and you will get a close up view of the words that are on top of the page.
- Click on the treasure chest icon that is in the top left side of the screen because it holds all your inventory items.
- When you click on it, you will see the two items that you picked in a previous scene.
- Click on the letter "X" and place it at the end of the last word, where it says: MDCCCC. You will see the blank space for that letter. Drag the Letter "X" onto that spot.
- Once you place the letter "X" in to that spot, a part of the wall will open underneath and you will see a scroll in the wall, click on it and a letter will appear on the screen.
- Click on the letter that is on the screen and you will see a word in the middle and part of the letter on top.
- You need to rearrange the letters so that you can decode which words are missing by clicking on two letters and they swap places. Here is the solution:
- King Edward decried, from a trench at Versailles, how the valiant who fought in the WAR DIED
- The Queen mastered Chess, she was oft heard to cry, as the endgame approached, A VICTOR I
- In the rest I remain and with sadness commit, that while joy may stand up, AS GRIM I SIT.
- Place your cursor on the third arch and you will notice that it flashes purple, this means that there is something that needs to be done in that spot. Click on the third arch to enter the next scene.
- There is a tiny nose on the right side of the wall, place your feather on the nose and it will sneeze.
- A secret doorway will open up, pick up the green gem that is on the ground, it is the Princess Peridot Jewel
- Crown 1-Lower right side, it blends into the carpet.
- Crown 2-Top right side, gold crown that blends into the top right side of the back wall.
- Inventory Item 1-Vial of glue, lower right side, next to the couch.
- Crown 1-Top left side, etched into the side of the wall.
- Crown 2-In the center of the scene, against the left side of the wall.
- Letter-Right side, on the floor.
THE ROYAL MEWS
- Crown 1-Left side, very tiny on the side of the wall.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, very colorful crown, in between the bars.
- Inventory Item 1-Hammer-Right side, leaning against one of the pillars.
- Inventory Item 2- Riding Crop-Lower right side, on the carpet.
SECRET PASSAGE PUZZLE
- Place your riding crop in the hole on the left side of the wall, in between the lights, and a geode will appear.
- Take your hammer and place it on the geode and you will get an Amethyst Shard once it is cracked open.
- Click on the box that is on the left side and you will get a close up view.
- Place the glue on the empty hole that is on the right and then place the Amethyst chard over the glue spot.
- The box will open up and a green gem, the Sire Emerald will be inside.
- Crown 1-Lower left side, on the first portrait that is in the the third row of small pictures. The crown is located in the lower right side of the picture itself.
- Crown 2-top right side, the crown is on the large picture that is on the top left side.
- Crown 1-Top left side, over the hood.
- Crown 2-Top left side, it’s a gold crown over one of the bronze lights that are hanging over the stove.
- Inventory Item-Kitchen Knife, lower right side, on the side of the metal shelf.
- Crown 1-Lower right side of the wall, it’s a grey shadow of a crown against the grey wall.
- Crown 2-Top right side of the building, behind the set of lights.
- Letter-Top right side of the wall.
- Crown 1-Gold crown, top left side of the building.
- Crown 2-Top right side, a grey crown, against the grey wall.
- Inventory Item-Lighter-On the left side of the building, over the first arch.
QUEEN’S GALLERY PORTRAITS
- The pictures are not in the right place. The picture of Queen Anne should be the focal points of the cluster of portraits.
- Click on any 2 pictures and they will swap places. Please arrange the pictures according to the screenshot provided.
- Once all the pictures are in place a candle will fall , pick it up.
QUEEN’S GALLERY PUZZLE
- From the inventory box, place the knife over the candle so you can cut it down. Once the candle is cut, place it in the candelabra that is on the table, lower right side.
- Take the lighter and place it on the candles, once the candle is lit, the picture of the Queen will be moved aside and you will find the Yellow Sapphire of Suriname in the wall.
- Crown 1-Lower right side, by the third portrait on the right.
- Crown 2-Top left side, On the first portrait that is on the left side.
- Inventory Item-Nail File-Top left side of the wall.
- Crown 1-Lower left side, cut into the grass itself.
- Crown 2-right side, on the porch, in between column 3 and 4.
- Inventory Item 1-Weed Killer-Lower left side of the grass.
- Inventory Item 2-Hand Rake-Lower right side, in between the grass and the sidewalk.
THE ROYAL MEWS
- Crown 1-Top right side, very tiny shadow of a crown, on the ceiling.
- Crown 2-Over the door in the back of the room.
- Inventory Item-Hay-Lower left side,
KING’S WRITING ROOM
- Crown 1-Top right side, it blends in with the green part of the wall.
- Crown 2-Lower left side, burgundy crown, it is in front of the fireplace.
- Inventory Item-Spearhead-In the large glass cabinet that is on the back wall, the one on the right side.
MARBLE HALL FIREPLACE PUZZLE
- Click on the fireplace and you will get a closer view.
- Place the hay in the fireplace, followed by the weed killer.
- From the inventory box . the nail file and the spear head so that you can create a spark.
- Place the spearhead/file combination into the fireplace and you will see fire appear.
- Place the hand rake in the ashbox and it will lift the grid up.
- Click on the ashes and you will see pieces of a letter.
- Click on the letters to go to the next act.
- Crown 1-Top left side, above the first window.
- Crown 2-lower left side, it blends in the wall, in between the blue column and the burgundy curtains.
- Letter-On the piano.
- If you were asked to find 3 musical notes, they will be highlighted in green, in the screenshot.
- Crown 1-Top left side of the wall.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, it blends in with the white wall.
- Inventory Item 1-Gold Metal Ball-Lower center of the scene. Under the tall candle holder that is on the ground.
- Inventory Item 2-Silver Metal Ball-top right side, it blends in with the wall.
- Crown 1-On top of the coach, gold crown.
- Crown 2-On top of the gold statue that is in front of the coach.
- Inventory Item 1-Dead Scorpion-On top of the coach.
- Inventory Item 2-Crab-On the waist of the gold statue that is in front of the coach.
- Crown 1-Top left side, on the stone, close to the water.
- Crown 2-Top left side, on one of the stone pieces on the floor.
- Inventory Item-Brass Winder-Top right side.
ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK-MUSIC ROOM
- When you enter the music room, click on the clock that is in the back of the room and you will get a closer view. (Sorry, I was not able to capture the screenshot in time to get the whole scene)
- The silver metal ball goes in the top left side, in the slot that is above the Pisces (fish) sign.
- The gold metal ball goes on the opposite end of the silver ball,on top of the Capricorn sign.
- Place the crab on the top right side of the clock.
- Place the scorpion on the empty lower space of the clock.
- The brass winder goes on the gold metal piece that is on the top right side.
- The Azure Queen Sapphire will show up when you place the brass winder on the clock.
- Crown 1-On the back panel that is in the middle, on the top right edge of the panel.
- Crown 2-Lower left side, a small yellow crown that is against the red panel, that is on the left side of the back wall.
- Inventory Item 1-Chinese Birdfeeder-Lower right corner.
- Inventory Item 2-Corkscrew-Right side, on the wooden cabinet.
KING’S WAITING ROOM
- Crown 1-Inside the chandelier.
- Crown 2-A gold crown, on the back wooden panel, right side.
- Letter-In the back right side of the room, on a clipboard.
- Inventory Item 1-Glass Inkwell-Lower right side.
- Inventory Item 2-Bottle of wine-Lower right side, on top of the bench.
- Crown 1-Top right side, small gray crown, that blends into the sky.
- Crown 2-Lower left side, burgundy crown, on the silver railing.
- Inventory Item-Packet of Seeds-On the right side of the steps by the potted plant.
- Crown 1-Small yellow crown, lower right side, in the grass.
- Crown 2-Center of the scene, green crown that blends in with the trees.
PALACE GARDEN KINGFISHER BIRD’S NEST
- From the inventory box combine the bottle of wine with the corkscrew and you will get a corkscrew with a cork.
- Place the Chinese Birdfeeder on top of the tree, top right corner of the screen.
- Place the packet of seeds on the Chinese Birdfeeder and you will get a notice that the birdfeeder buffet is ready to open its doors to the public.
- From the inventory box combine the cork and the bottle of ink and you will receive a message that the cork squeaks against the glass and it sounds like chirping.
- The Kingfisher will fly towards the feast.
- Click on the bird’s nest, the one that the Kingfisher was in and you will see some letter pieces appear, assemble the letter.
PALACE GARDEN LETTER
- Try to undo the hard work of the Kingfisher by piecing the letter back together.
- Drag the pieces out of the corner and drag them to the center of the scene. Once a piece is in the right place, it will lock into place if it’s in the right spot.
- If there are 2 pieces that fit together but are not in the right spot, they will not click together.
- Once the letter is assembled, just click on it again to move on to the next scene.
- Crown 1-Top right side, inside of the arch.
- Crown 2-Lower center, in between the 2 red chairs.
- Inventory Item-Fleur-de-lis-Top center of the scene.
- Crown 1-Top right side, On top of the last picture, under the lifesaver.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, it blends in with the wooden leg of the table.
- Inventory Item-Faberge Egg-Green egg on top of the table.
WHITE DRAWING ROOM
- Crown 1-Top left side, on top of the framed portrait.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, it’s very tiny, it blends into the carpet.
- Crown 1-Right edge of the scene, against the wall, it’s a colorful crown.
- Crown 2-On the front of the coach, inside, it’s a small gold crown that is upside down against the white background.
- Inventory Item-Candlestick-By the window on the side of the coach.
- Crown 1-In the back of the scene, on to of the white statue.
- Crown 2-On the middle window.
- Inventory Item-Rosette, Lower right side,at the bottom of the last pew.
- Guyana Garnet-Once everything is back in pace you will receive the Guyana Garnet.
WHITE DRAWING ROOM-REPLACE ITEMS
- Look at your inventory and replace the items that are missing in the room.
- Please look at the screenshot for a clearer view.
- The Faberge Egg goes on the small round table that is on the lower right side.
- The candle goes on the mantle above the fireplace.
- The fleur-de-lis goes in the lower right corner, on the wall, next to the other ones.
- The rosette goes in the top right side of the wall, where the other rosettes are located.
- Crown 1-Top left corner, on the white side of the wall.
- Crown 2-Top right side of the back wall, it’s almost off the page.
- Inventory Item-Prism-On the stool that is on the lower right side.
BLUE DRAWING ROOM
- Crown 1-Top right side of the ceiling on the back wall.
- Crown 2-At the bottom of the portrait that is on the back wall.
- Crown 1-Top left corner.
- Crown 2-Right side, under the second pew on the right side.
- Letter-Top right side, on the wall.When you click on the letter you will get a cryptic letter that you must decode. Place the holes of the paper over spots in which you can read all the words at once.
- Crown 1-Top left side. on the building.
- Crown 2-right side, over a window.
- Inventory Item-Black Knight-top right side
BLUE DRAWING ROOM-CHESSBOARD
- Place the prism on the mantle where the sun is shining and you will see a chessboard appear.
- Click on the chessboard and you will see a close up view of the chessboard.
- Place the knight from inventory in the middle of the board in between the black king and the white queen.
- Once you’ve achieved checkmate, the shaft of light will be shining directly on the knight and you will receive the Opal Knight.
- Crown 1-Top left side
- Crown 2-Top right side, on the ceiling.
- Inventory Item-Knight Figurine-Top right side.
BLUE DRAWING ROOM
- Crown 1-Lower left side, by the first column.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, by the couch.
- Inventory Item-Knight Figurine-Lower left side, next to the chessboard.
- Crown 1-Top center of the ceiling.
- Crown 2-On top of the middle window.
- Inventory Item-Knight Figurine-Lower left side.
- Crown 1-Top left side, burgundy crown.
- Crown 2-Lower center, it sits between the carpet and the floor.
- Inventory Item-Knight Figurine-Left side, inside of a picture.
GREEN DRAWING ROOM
- Crown 1-Top center of the ceiling.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, on the curtains.
- Inventory Item-Knight Figurine-Lower right, on the side of the couch.
GREEN DRAWING ROOM-KNIGHTS FIGURINE
- Place the figurines on the mantle in the correct order.
- Grab the figurines from the inventory box and place them on the mantle.
- Once you have all the pieces in the correct order a letter will fall down in the fireplace.
- Click on the letter and underneath the letter you will find the Ruby of Kukum.
GREEN DINING ROOM
- Crown 1-Top left side.
- Crown 2-Top right side.
- Inventory Item-Blank Slate-Lower right side, a gray slate that is on the couch.
- Crown 1-Top center of the scene.
- Crown 2-Lower right side, on the bottom step, it’s very hard to see.
- Letter-Lower left side.
- Inventory Item-Golden Sword-Top left side, next to the other sword
- Crown 1-Top right side, over the copper top.
- Crown 2-top right side, on the side of the copper top.
- Inventory Item-Wine Glass-on the shelf.
THRONE ROOM PUZZLE
- Take the sword and place it on the red chair that is on the lower right corner and you will see a tear on the seat,
- Click on the hole and you will get a cotton batting and it will go into inventory.
- From the inventory box combine the glass of wine and the cotton batting and you will then get a wine-soaked cotton batting.
- From the inventory box combine the wine-soaked cotton batting with the clean slate and you will get a wine-dabbed slate.
- On the slate it will say "Take a matched pair of swords."
- Click on the sword that is on the left side of the wall and the curtains will open up.
- Click on the letter that appears in between the 2 chairs that are in the middle of the room to end this round.
WHITE DRAWING ROOM
- Crown 1-Purple crown, on the right side of the back wall.
- Crown 2-On the carpet, in front of the fireplace.
- Inventory Item-Marble Chunk-Lower right side.
- Crown 1-On the statue that is in front,
- Crown 2-On the statue that is in the back.
- Inventory Item 1-Marble Chunk-Lower right side.
- Inventory Item 2-Plaque-On the base.
- Crown 1-Left side, on the side of the tree trunk.
- Crown 2-Center of the scene,
- Inventory Item-Marble Chunk-Lower right side.
- Crown 1-Top center of the ceiling,
- Crown 2-Lower left side, under the silver mask,
- Inventory Item-Marble Chunk-Lower left side of the ground.
- In this puzzle you have to place the marble chunks in the right place on the side of the board. The board will only stay in place when it is in the right spot.
- Once all the marble chunks are in place, you have to click on the items in the main scene in the right sequence in order to unlock the tomb.
- The way to guess the sequence is by clicking on the different items, once one of them stays lit then you know that is the first item in the sequence. Now you must find the next item.
- Click on the first piece that stayed lit and then on another piece until both those items stay lit. It may take several tries to get the sequence correctly.
- I am not sure if this puzzle is random or not but here was the sequence that worked for me. You can also look at the screenshot to get a better look.
- 3-BALL ON THE TOP LEFT SIDE
- 6-BALL ON THE TOP RIGHT SIDE
- Once the puzzle is complete, the tomb will open, grab the Eye of the Kings gem that appears inside the casket to end this puzzle.
GRAND STAIRCASE-JEWEL PUZZLE
- Click on the red pillow that is on the seat and you will get a close up view.
- You have to place the crown jewels on the right place on the pillow.
- They have to be placed according to shape and color. You cannot have 2 jewels of the same color touching each other.
- If 2 jewels of the same color touch, they will turn dark until you correct the mistake.
- Please look at the screenshot for the solution to this puzzle. Once this puzzle is completed the game will end.