a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:32:”Miriel the Magical Merchant Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:19811:”Check out our strategy guide for Miriel the Magical Merchant.
- You will be given certain questions in the game and a couple of choices on how to answer them. The answer you give, will determine which ending you will receive.
- There is only one mode to play in this game, there are 10 locations. The first 8 locations have 6 levels each. The last 2 locations have 8 levels each for a total of 64 levels
- There’s no way to replay a level until you are completely done with the game. Even if you exit out of a level in the middle of it, the game will pause itself right where you left it and it will resume at the exact point in which you left it in.
- When you complete the game, the map will be available to you. The locations that are purple are the ones in which you met the basic goal. The locations that have stars on them are the ones in which you mastered the goal. You can choose any level you wish to at that point.
- You will not be able to unlock all the recipes in the game or get all the upgrades the first time around.
- If you don’t pick up the coins in a timely manner they will disappear off the counter. Whenever you see that the coins are flashing and become faded, it means that they will disappear in a matter of seconds, pick them up as soon as you can.
- Closing Time
- Once you hear the cuckoo clock , it means that the shop is closed an no other customers will come in. You can also tell that the shop is closed because you will see a "closed" sign over the clock that is in the upper left corner.
- There are many things that you can look at while you’re in the help menu for the game.
- To access the help menu you can go to the main menu and click on "help". You can access the help menu in the middle of a level by clicking on the blue book that has the "?". The book will be in the upper right corner.
- Help Tab and Advanced Tab-These tabs give you basic tips for playing the game. You can look at them to see a general overview of how to play the game.
- Statistics Tab-You can look at all the story choices that you made during the game, just click on the "back" arrow and read all the choices you made.
- This tab also shows you which items are upgraded and up to what level they are upgraded (how many stars they have)
- Recipes Tab-It will show you all the recipes that you unlocked during the game.
- The items that are darkened represent the items that you did not unlock. You can hover your mouse over the darkened items to see a description. You will see a "?" appear when it represents an item that has not been revealed.
- If you want to throw something out, just click on the trash can that is at the bottom of the scene.
- Keep in mind that each time you click on the trash can it will throw away the item that is on top.
- If you have one item in your hand that you need to discard, simply click on the trash can one time and it will be discarded.
- If you have several things in your hand that need to be thrown away then you must click the trash can for each item in order for all of it to be thrown away. For example, if you need to throw out 3 items, click on the trash can three times.
- Freshness Bonus-You will get a freshness bonus when you deliver items to the customer moments after it has come out of the oven. Always try and deliver the good straight out of the oven in order to make some extra money,
- Combo Bonuses-You will earn combo bonuses for doing several jobs in a row, like delivering orders back to back and picking up coins one after the other.
- If you have something in your hand that you can’t use at the moment instead of throwing it away see if you could use it with something else to make a recipe of some sort. For example, if you have a bucket of water in your hand, grab some cocoa and place it in the oven and make some hot chocolate.
- If you have something on the table that you don’t need at the moment, leave it there, someone will come by soon and order it. A lot of times when you make recipes or you place food on the table, one of the customers will come by and request it. If you need the space, then you can throw out the food and you will not be penalized.
- Queue tasks-You can schedule Miriel to do several tasks ahead of time. Just click on all the actions you want her to perform and they will be done in the order that the tasks were scheduled. There did not seem to be a limit as to how many things Miriel can be queued to do ahead of time. However, there’s no way to cancel the actions either so you will have to be very careful when scheduling things for her to do in advance.
- Whenever a new recipe is introduced, you can be sure that a lot of the customers are going to come in and ask for it. The game does that to make sure that you learn a new recipe well, so you will be asked to make it several times. Memorize the recipe as soon as it shows up on the page, start making it before the customers arrive so you can have it ready right away.
- You want to activate the Haste Machine as much as possible, so try to fill the orders that have the golden wings first. If there are several people that have the golden wings attached to their thought bubble, try to fill the orders of those whose wings are not flashing. The wings that are flashing mean that they are about to disappear so choose someone else’s order if you can fill it in time.
- If you’re confused about a recipe a customer wants you to make, hover your mouse over the item in the customer’s thought bubble. It will show you the ingredients that are needed for that recipe.
- It’s OK to leave the money sitting on the counter for a little while if you want to delay customers from coming into the store. Just make sure that you do pick up the coins when you see that the colors start flashing.
- Make Miriel make the least amount of trips possible, as she is taking something to the oven make sure that you deliver some things to the people at the counter as well. Her hands should be fully stocked at all times.
- Try to deliver a customer’s complete order in one sitting when possible, it will keep you from having to make too many trips at one time.
- Keep your table full at all times, you want to keep as much on your table as possible so that products are available right away. If you think you will have a lot of orders for a particular recipe, have those items handy at all times.
- In some instances it’s OK to let some people leave, if it means that you can take better care of some of the other people. You can still lose customers and pass a level; you may still get an expert score.
- Choosing Recipes-When you have to decide between 2 recipes, choose the most expensive ones, even though they are more complicated to make, because they will allow you to earn more money.You can tell how much each recipe costs by hovering your mouse over it.
- Make sure that you turn on the phonograph when there are people already at the counter. You don’t want to turn it on after you cashed out several people at once since you will lose some of its effect.
- Be careful when people order the honey bread and the cheese sandwich because they look so much alike. The cheese sandwich has the bread on both sides and the honey bread just has the honey on top. If you’re unsure of which is which just hover your mouse over the customers thought bubble and get the recipe from there.
- If you have a lot of people that want items from the fruit basket, grab those items first so the next batch can start refilling as you do other things.
- Miriel can carry several things at once. In the beginning of the game she will only be able to hold 2 items and towards the end of the game she will be able to carry up to 6 items at a time.
- You can tell how many things Miriel can hold by looking at the rings that are directly in front of her, the amount of rings she has is equivalent to the amount of items she can carry. The game will also make an announcement each time her carrying abilities are increased.
- While Miriel has to walk over to certain places in the shop to accomplish tasks, she doesn’t have to walk over to the table and stock the goodies on it. When you schedule her to do several tasks back to back, take a second and restock the table, that way things will be ready for her by the time she’s done.
- There are several types of customers that come in on any given day. Some people are more patient than others. If you don’t serve the customers in time, they will get angry and leave. The good thing is that you do not get penalized for each customer that leaves but you will lose that money that you could have made from their purchase.
- The customers that have the golden wing attached to their thought bubble will give one charge to the Haste Device, if you can serve them before the icon disappears.
- Each customer comes into the shop with a certain amount of hearts over their heads, those hearts represent the amount of patience that they have. If you see lots of full red hearts it means that they are very happy and will be patient. If you see several empty hearts that are not filled with red, it means that the customer is tired of waiting and they will leave if you don’t take care of them quickly. Once the hearts get down to zero, the customer will leave.
- Learn to recognize the customers that are the most impatient because they will leave the store sooner than most if you don’t give them their order right away.
- Your table can only hold the amount of squares that you see displayed. As those numbers change, the game will announce it right before the level begins.
- You can put some items on the table ahead of time, even before the first customer shows up. This will allow you to have a head start for the day. Try to make things in advance that require being in the oven first and then stock your table with a variety of things.
- If you change your mind on the items that you clicked to be on the table, you can cancel them by clicking on them while they are in queue to be prepared.
- On level 17, candy will be introduced. You give candy to the customers in order to increase their heart level.
- Even though you will see 2 pieces of candy in the bowl, it will count as one piece. You can only give candy to one person at a time, once you give out one piece you will have to wait for the bowl to refill before you can serve some more of it.
- Always give the piece of candy to the person that has the least amount of hearts because you want to be able to raise their heart level. Happier customers pay more money so you want to keep them as happy as possible.
- Make sure that you give out candy even if a customer is not particularly angry.
BASKETS ON FLOOR
- Some products will be on the table when you order them, and others will be placed in baskets that are located on the right side of the counter.
- In these baskets you will have apples, cocoa beans and strawberries. Each time you get an item from the baskets you will have to wait for that item to refill before you can grab another piece.
- You can choose to upgrade the items to refill faster by choosing that particular upgrade when it is presented to you.There will be 3 upgrades that you can add to the baskets to make it fill up faster.
- The best time to pick up items from the baskets is when the Hasting Device is activated since the items refill themselves very quickly during this time.
- The phonograph will be introduced on day 45 and it will be automatically added to your inventory.
- When the phonograph is activated, it will make the customers leave a bigger tip. The phonograph has to recharge before you can use it again. When the phonograph is activated it will shake and the circle will fill in clockwise. Once the clock stops, it has to recharge and the circle will start off green but will move counter-clockwise. Once it’s dome recharging you can use it again.
- When you turn the phonograph on you will see that all the hearts of the people in line will increase. It’s always good to turn it on when you have several people in line whose hearts are low.
The Oven Basics
- There are 19 recipes that you have the possibility of unlocking in the game. Which recipes you unlock have to do with the choices you make. You will never unlock all the recipes that the game has to offer in one sitting.
- In order to unlock all the food items and the recipes you will have to play the game more than once and the second time around you will have to make different choices.
- As each recipe is unlocked you will get the actual recipe for that item shown to you at the end of certain levels.
- In order to make these recipes, Miriel must pick up the items needed and then insert them into the oven. It takes a few seconds to cook the recipes. As soon as they are done, click on the final product to deliver it and then click it on to the customer that wants it.
- It doesn’t matter in which order you pick up the ingredients for a recipe as long as the 2 ingredients are correct.
- The green circle in front of the oven represents how much time before an order is ready. The greener the circle is, the closer it is to being completed.
- The oven will not let you drop off only one of the ingredients for a recipe you have to do both pieces at the same time.
Cooking and Picking up Extra Recipes
- If you bake more than one recipe at a time, they will stack up on top of the stool that is in front of the oven. I was able to stack several items at a time regardless of how many items Miriel could hold in her hands.
- Miriel will only be able to pick up as many items as her hands can hold but you have to click once for each item that is on the stool in order to pick it up. If there are 4 products on the stool but you only want to pick up two 2 items, click on the pile twice and they will go into Miriel’s hand.
- From the stool you can only pick up the items that are on top, if you want to pick up an item that is at the bottom, you will have to pick up the items on top of it first.
- There’s no way to put an item back on the stool once Miriel has picked up so if nobody wants it at the moment you can throw it out or have her hold it in her hand as long as possible. It’s not a good idea to throw things that come out of the oven since they take so long to make, try to avoid doing that as much as possible.
General Tips for the Ovens
- The products that come out of the oven will earn you more money than anything else so make sure that you take care of those orders first.
- You can put food on top of the oven even while something else is cooking in it. While one recipe is cooking, place the next ingredients on the stove and they will remain on top while oven is completing a recipe. As soon as the food is cooked, the ingredients that are on top of the oven will begin cooking automatically.
- You can only have one item cooking and another item on top of the stove at a time. If you try to place other items on top of the stove it will not accept it.
- If you’re unsure of what it takes to make a recipe, you can hover your mouse over the customers thought bubble and it will show you what is needed to make that product.
- Make products in the same oven that go together. For example, if you have to make chocolate apples. Prepare all the chocolate in one oven, pick up the apples and make them.
- The haste device is a great tool that is introduced in level 6. This device, when activated, will make Muriel walk super fast, the food in the oven will cook faster and the baskets on the floor will refill much faster as well, basically everything in the shop will be quicker.
- In order to use the Haste Machine you have to activate it. If you look on a customer’s thought bubble you will notice that some of them have what looks like a golden wing attached to it.
- If you see that the wings are flashing it means that they are about to disappear, if you serve the customer their order AFTER the wings disappear, it will not count on the Haste Device.
- To activate the machine you have to serve that customer their complete order BEFORE the golden wing disappears. This process has to be done 4 times before the machine will be activated.
- You can look and see how many turns are needed to activate the machine by looking at it. Each time a golden wing goes to it, a sign will flash in front of the machine letting you know how many more are needed. You can also tell because the machine has 4 wings, the number of wings that are unlit are equal to the amount of wings the machine needs in order to be activated.
- Once the device has been activated, you will see a sign that says "Click to Activate", the machine will not automatically start you have to click on it to begin.
- Once the machine is on, make the most of it by making things as fast as you can. Focus on making things that take the longest to make or to refill. For example I would try and make as many recipes at one time as I could so that they could be cooked quickly. I would also grab as many items from the basket as I could since they take a while to refill themselves.
- There are very few upgrades in the game, they mostly consist of making the ovens more efficient and making your products in the food baskets fill up faster.
- The upgrades will be presented to you automatically – all you have to do is choose the one that you prefer.
- Once you choose your upgrade, you will have to play and beat a mini game in order to obtain it. If you’ve played the Super Collapse games you’ll be familiar with the mechanics of the game.
- The goal is to click on matching items in blocks of three or more without letting the tower go all the way to the top.
- If you have any blocks that are higher than most try to make matches on top of the scene that will bring the peaks down.
- The purple bar on the right side of the game will fill up with each match that you make. Once the bar is full you will earn that upgrade.