a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:20:”Restaurant Rush Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:14858:”Check out our tips and tricks for Restaurant Rush.
- You are not able to replay a level to get expert score, so if you notice in the earlier stages of the game that the purchases you made just don’t work do not hesitate to restart the whole game.
- There are different types of customers, they are introduced in detail at the beginning of the levels. You should read the descriptions carefully because they include which songs increase their patience. Except that it is important to observe them closely, because the speed of the loss of their patience varies which means you should consider serving the less patient customers before the other ones.
- It is always a good idea to begin matching at the top of the grid because if you start at the bottom you might split worthwhile matches at the top. Go on matching at the bottom when you cannot find any matches at the top.
- There are three ways to increase the patience of customers. Firstly you can give them desserts, which are available for purchase at the mall. Secondly there are milk shakes who will appear randomly on the grid. If you click a milk shake it will increase the patience of the angriest customer currently in your restaurant. And at last you can use the jukebox. But when you play a song you should consider that it has to be one which a customer currently inside your restaurant will like.
- An essential particuliarity you should consider is that not only the patience of the customers decreases while time goes by, but also the amount of money they are willing to pay for their order. However, this does not affect soup as well as ice-drinks. The customers will pay the same price irrespective of their patience. As a consequence it is more effective to give customers who ordered an expensive meal a dessert before their payment for that you get the highest possible amount of money.
- Chaining is another important key to the success in Restaurant Rush. You can handle three orders at the same time and you should finish all of them before you send them to the waiting customers. When all three orders are finished click them successively and you will earn a big chaining bonus. Relating to this it is also relevant that the chaining bonus gets higher depending on the price of the order. That means while chaining you should deliever the cheapest meal at first and the most expensive one at last to get the highest possible reward.
- At the end of a level the restaurant closes as soon as the last customer leaves. Money that is still laying on the shop counter is collected automatically, but tokens who appeared on the grid at the very end wont be added, so you should check the board carefully before the last customer leaves.
- One great problem is the fourth customer in row, who is already losing patience but whom you cannot serve until at least one other customer before him will leave. To avoid this unnecessary loss of patience just leave one pile of money on the bar. The pile will not vanish and let only three new customers into the restaurant at the same time.
- Indeed you cannot repeat any level to get expert score, but nonetheless there is a possibility to trick the game. When you reach the end of a level with only three customers remaining and you notice that you will by no means reach the expert goal just quit to the main menu. Then you can restart the level and try to reach expert again.
- You also earn additional money by consecutive matches, so-called combos. It is also a good idea to do things as adding activating bonus items while consecutive matches are in progress because in this way the ice-tea-machine and soup kettle are filled further on while you do something else.
- After you have finished the story mode for the first time the game is definitely worth a second start, because you still own the recipes you have purchased at your first time. However all the other upgrades are resetted but nonetheless the game gets much easier and you are able to see all the other recipes.
- There are six different locations which you will visit during the story mode: Sunshine Coast, Pacific Islands, Rancho Valley, Northland Peaks, St. Bordeaux and Lunar Station. You start at Sunshine Coast with the Chinese and the American restaurants. The Italian restaurants will be added at Pacific Island, the Mexican restaurant at Rancho Valley and the French restaurant at St. Bordeaux.
- If a customer gets really angry and you notice that you neither have a dessert nor a milk shake left do not give him either soup or ice-tea, because if he leaves you will lose the profit of them, too.
- Frozen ingredients cannot be moved. To clear them out you can either use the oven or create a match around them.
- The oven appears randomly on the grid. It will destroy the whole row where you move it, not only ingredients, but also other bonus items like tokens, milk-shake or the cash register. Only move the oven when it is really useful, as for example to clear out a frozen ingredient or when there are only a few matches left in order to reorganize the grid.
- In the later stages it becomes also important how many customers order the more expensive recipes. If you start a level and notice that the majority of the customers only orders your cheaper recipes just quit to the main menu and restart the level because you won’t be able to reach the expert goal if they don’t order your expensive recipes and that is an aspect you have no bearing on.
There are various possibilities to earn tokens:
- Reaching the daily goal, respectively the expert goal. This provides your basic “token income”, which is in fact not enough to purchase the needed upgrades.
- Sometimes a token appears on the grid randomly, you just have to click it and it will be added to your already earned tokens.
- Each time you make a match of five ingredients, a cash register will appear on the grid. When you click it two ingredients will be replaced by a token. Always keep watch carefully for possible five-matches and try to avoid splitting them by mistake.
- The cooking competition takes place regularly in-between levels. In these competitions you have the possibilty to earn both tokens and money. You can always achieve the first, second or third rank and the higher your rank, the more tokens and money you earn. Take this competition seriously, it is a quick and by comparison an easy way to earn additional money and tokens. However you have to manage it without bonus items like the oven here.
- You can also try to fulfill the so-called bonus-challenges of each level, which provide tokens, too.
- Upgrades are available at the mall and the farmer’s market. Furthermore the mall includes four different spots, namely the recipe shop, the desserts shop, the hardware store and the music store. Be sure to check each place regularly, because some upgrades are available later on in the game.
- At the farmer’s market you can upgrade the quality of the ingredients, which will increase the value of your recipes. The ingredients are vegetables, pork, tomatoes, rice, seafood, beef, wine, poultry and cheese. It is advisable to upgrade vegetables earlier than the other ingredients, because they are used in most of the recipes. You do not have to upgrade the poultry at all, because it is not used in any of the six first recipes of every restaurant type. You can also wait with increasing the quality of the wine, because the french restaurants will appear later than the other ones.
- The recipe shop is divided into the five nationality-themes of the restaurants, namely American, Chinese, Italian, Mexican and French. Each of these categories contains eight or nine recipes. You should upgrade the recipes equally and avoid to neglect any restaurant type, because if you do so, you definitely will have great problems in achieving the daily goal in the neglected restaurants.
- The dessert shop is arranged in exactly the same way as the recipe shop. There are three different desserts for each nationality. The more a dessert costs, the more it will increase the customers patience.
- The hardware store includes the upgrades of the ice-tea machine and the soup kettle.You can upgrade both in two different ways, in particular the flavor and the efficiency. While the flavor boosts the price of the soup and the ice-tea, the efficiency reduces the needed matches until soup and ice-tea are ready to serve.
- The music store offers fourteen additional songs for your jukebox. They raise the customers patience between twenty and fifty percent.
- To visit farmer’s market, hardware store and recipe shop is of extreme importance, but you can choose if you want to concentrate either on desserts or on songs to calm down the customers. Just at the first two locations it is really easy to fulfill the customers orders in-time, so the desserts and the songs are the only upgrades you can neglect. Later on it’s sufficient to upgrade either of them.
- It is advisable to upgrade the efficiency of soup kettle and ice tea-machine in such a way, that a similar amout of matches is required until they are ready to be served so that you can deliever both to the customers at the same time.
There are six different types of bonus challenges, “no desserts used”, “no angry customer”, “serve a certain amount of dishes”, “serve a certain amount of soups”, “serve a certain amount of ice-teas” and “do a certain amount of chains”.
- At the earlier stages of the story mode this challenge is quite easy to fulfill, as the customers are very patient in general.
- Later on you should be sure to have at least four or five songs for the jukebox and concentrate on playing them or on serving milk shakes from the grid to calm down customers.
- It is also advisable to renounce chaining if a customer gets too angry.
Serve X soups or Serve X ice teas
- These two challenges are very similar. To fulfill them you should pay attention to when exactly either soup or ice tea are ready to serve.
- As the machines are filled up by making matches you should deliever them to the customer as soon as they are ready for that the machines can start to restock immediately.
- Both machines don’t become charged until soup and ice tea are served.
- Another good tip for these challenges is to save desserts until the end, so that you are able to calm down the last three or four customers before closing time and to be able to serve all of them soups as well as ice teas.
- It is also a good strategy to upgrade efficiency of both machines earlier than the flavor, because by serving more of them you earn as much profit as if they were more expensive and these challenges are easier to fulfill as well.
No angry customers
- Especially in the last last three locations this is the probably hardest challenge. In fact you only have the choice to reach either the expert goal or to fulfill this challenge, to succeed in both of them is pretty impossible. That means you should consider by which of them you would earn more tokens and if you are ever able to reach the expert goal. If you decide to fulfill this bonus challenge you should just keep matching and serve every customer immediately when their order is prepared. Do not worry too much about chaining, soup or ice tea.
Serve X dishes
- This challenge is quite similar to the serve soups/ice-teas ones. The tactic to reach it is different, however.
- While it is not wrong to chain at the beginning of a level with this bonus challenge you should adopt the strategy of the “No Angry customer-Challenge” at the end of the level.
- Try to serve as many customers as possible immediately to reach the needed number of dishes.
Do X chains
- This challenge is the easiest one. Just keep chaining as often as possible and only break this habit if a customer is really on the brink to leave.
- The endless mode works equally as the cooking competition. Here you have to serve more and more dishes in a certain amount of time without any customers or bonus-items.
The ending of Heidi’s story is influenced by two factors: The overall profit you made and the number of days you needed to complete the story mode. There are five different categories in which you can achieve between two and three different ranks. The result of your ending all in all is formed by your specific success in these five categories.
The first category is the Cooking School. There are three different ranks to achieve and to do so you have to accumulate a profit as follows:
1.) Best School – Earn a final profit of $150,000 or more
2.) Good School – Earn a final profit of $100,000 to $149,999
3.) Average School – Earn a final profit of $0 to $99,999
The second category is the Cooking Show. Here again you have to earn a specific amount of money during the whole story mode:
1.) High Popularity and Ratings – Earn a final profit of $150,000 or more
2.) Average Popularity and Ratings – Earn a final profit of $40,999 to $149,999
The third category is called “World Culinary Federation Ranking” and here the days you needed to finish the story mode are relevant for your final rank:
1st Rank – Finish the game in 64 to 67 game days
2nd Rank – Finish the game in 68 to 72 game days
3rd Rank – Finish the game in 73 game days or more
The fourth category provides you with a luxury Hawaiian Bungalow again depending on your final profit:
1.) Luxurious Bungalow – Earn a final profit of $220,000 or more
2.) Modest Bungalow – Earn a final profit of $59,999 to $219,999
The last category is your ticket into the Hall of Fame. To enter it you are only allowed to repeat one day:
The Cooking Hall of Fame – Finish the game in 64 to 65 game days