Reflexive, PlayFirst and PopCap executives weigh in on the present and future of casual games in yet another "state of the industry" article, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) will honor casual games in its March awards ceremony; and Gamedev.net publishes summaries of some of the Casual Connect: Seattle panel sessions. These headlines and more below.
- Azada: Ancient Magic release date announced
- BAFTA to honour casual games
- Harvest Moon Island of Happiness for Nintendo DS goes gold
- EA Mobile, Handango partner to distribute casual titles on smartphones
- Stix takes a stab at motion-controlled PC games
- Intergi adds four new partners to its video game & entertainment advertising network
- GigaMedia reports Q2 earnings